GB-5600B-1JF question, how long is the battery life without bluetooth on?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By perfectlykevin
  • 1 Post By Braad
  • 1 Post By taxico
  • 1 Post By SgtPepper

Thread: GB-5600B-1JF question, how long is the battery life without bluetooth on?

GB-5600B-1JF question, how long is the battery life without bluetooth on?

Assuming one can even turn the setting off?? I have one waiting to be unboxed. I don't need the bluetooth settings, and prefer a longer battery life. I got the square due to the LED lighting and the superior stopwatch and CDT. Any thoughts on how long I can extend that CR2025 battery without using the spec's "12hr bluetooth per day" deal?

Kev

EDIT: reviewing the manual online it looks like it uses a CR2032, and the manual lists numerous "expectations" for normal use. I think if I avoid using most of the bluetooth stuff and I rarely use an alarm, I should be much better than the expected 2 yr battery life :D
    Last edited by perfectlykevin; September 9th, 2017 at 07:20.
    Braad likes this.

Re: GB-5600B-1JF question, how long is the battery life without bluetooth on?

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    Assuming one can even turn the setting off?? I have one waiting to be unboxed. I don't need the bluetooth settings, and prefer a longer battery life. I got the square due to the LED lighting and the superior stopwatch and CDT. Any thoughts on how long I can extend that CR2025 battery without using the spec's "12hr bluetooth per day" deal?

Kev

EDIT: reviewing the manual online it looks like it uses a CR2032, and the manual lists numerous "expectations" for normal use. I think if I avoid using most of the bluetooth stuff and I rarely use an alarm, I should be much better than the expected 2 yr battery life :D

I have been been wondering the same thing. I really like the GB-5600B for its other features (vibe and LED especially), and I am tempted to make it my square. Bluetooth chews up batteries on most items, so without it even being on (or very rarely) surely you would be able to get a few extra years from a battery, especially if you also turn off the vibe. It sort of becomes a really tricked up dw-5600!

Edit: Just double checked the GD-350, and that uses the same 2032 battery but gets 5 years with vibe for 10sec a day :D
    Last edited by Braad; September 9th, 2017 at 09:44.
    perfectlykevin likes this.
    Seiko SKX007J
    Casio G-Shock GA-110
    Casio G-Shock GB-5600B-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock GX-56BB
    Casio G-Shock GXW-56-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock DW-D5500MR/GLX-5500 mash-up
    MWC Collins Automatic

LOL! I Googled "Casio and CR2032" and came up with the same thing. :) I also saw the GWX-6900 uses the same battery and gets 10 yrs :) I'm guessing I can get about that if I just use the normal alarm. I'm happy with 5 yrs anyway so anything in between is gravy :D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

FWIW, i bought a DW-5025SP from the original collector owner a few months ago... it was still on its original CR2016 battery from 2007.

seeing that the CR2032 battery is bigger and holds about 50% more juice... i'd hazard a guess that if you turn off all alarms and not use the EL, it will go much longer than 10 years.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by taxico View Post
    FWIW, i bought a DW-5025SP from the original collector owner a few months ago... it was still on its original CR2016 battery from 2007.

seeing that the CR2032 battery is bigger and holds about 50% more juice... i'd hazard a guess that if you turn off all alarms and not use the EL, it will go much longer than 10 years.
    Actually, the CR2032 has a nominal capacity of ~230mah, while the CR2016 is ~90mah. That increases the lifespan about 160% (!!!) which theoratically can make a watch batt last longer than two decades (presuming the batts chemistry itself does not break down)......

About Casio specs one thing can be said for sure: they are VERY conservative and ALWAYS exceed the suggested batt lifespan by a great margin (usually you can at least double the value but trippled or even quadrupled lifespans are not seldom either).How Casio determines different batt lifespans on different models but with basically same specs, same batt types, same amount of power required is beyond me, my guess is they throw a dice....

To the op: interesting question, I just think about whether or not to give the GB-6900B a try. I couldn't care less for its bluetooth and the whole message incoming crap, but the watch has vibe alarm (I really have become a sucker for vibe watches), it has a 1000hour stopwatch, a 100hour countdown timer (adjustable to the second) and it appears to show current time in both modes, which I find intriguing.

cheers
    Last edited by cal..45; September 15th, 2017 at 11:17.
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post

To the op: interesting question, I just think about whether or not to give the GB-6900B a try. I couldn't care less for its bluetooth and the whole message incoming crap, but the watch has vibe alarm (I really have become a sucker for vibe watches), it has a 1000hour stopwatch, a 100hour countdown timer (adjustable to the second) and it appears to show current time in both modes, which I find intriguing.

cheers
    The vibration alarm is even stronger than that of the Timex T49851.

Then the band of the DW-5000 turn, then the thing fits.

Name:  133.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  1.08 MB

PS: Disadvantage of the clock: one must press 5 times to come to the timer menu. The current time in the stopwatch and timer mode is very small. Approximately 2 font sizes smaller than the GD-350.
    Last edited by SgtPepper; September 15th, 2017 at 21:24.
    greeting Wolfgang

Thread Information