The GB 6900 Bluetooth - details, discussion, pro and con
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The GB 6900 Bluetooth - details, discussion, pro and con

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The GB 6900 Bluetooth - details, discussion, pro and con

I was expecting to see more posts on this model now that it has been released to the US. Can we get some of the more knowledgable on this watch to chime in on their findings?

I like the idea as I work from home, and if I stray too far on my leash from my computer, I like to get some indication that my leash is being tugged on email or a call, and using the watch in conjunction with the iPhone in my pocket SEEMS like a good way to do that. Especially since it vibrates in addition to an alarm - sometimes if I am using a power tool or whatever, the audible notification is not as effective. Ditto for when I am driving, I miss a lot of calls even if I put my phone on vibrate. Plus, the vibrate feature on my iPhone chews up my battery faster and I don't like using it.

One question - my iPhone email only updates when I physically go to the Inbox - it does not automatically notify me of a new message - and does not "pull" the message from the Exchange server. Does the GSHOCK+ application do something special to detect mail arrival real time and pull the messages in without having to go to the Inbox? I don't understand how it works.... my iPhone does alarm for events such as a phone call or a meeting notice reminder (18 min before the meeting), but not for email.

I do wish it worked with SMS or other messages clients - that would be the ultimate as that leash gets tugged a lot too. Anyone aware of any plans to sync with SMS?
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

lvt

Re: The GB 6900 Bluetooth - details, discussion, pro and con

How about battery life ? Please don't tell me that you'll have to replace the battery every 3 months :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

LUW

If the vibration produced is anything like the 7510 at least for me that feature won't work.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think this line is going to be a bit of a bummer for Casio. It is a nice feature but I don't really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    How about battery life ? Please don't tell me that you'll have to replace the battery every 3 months :P
    Battery life is supposed to be 2 years...
    Cheers,
    Micha

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    Battery life is supposed to be 2 years...
    So you can realistically expect something like 3 to 5 years, which is pretty good IMO.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Does it work with Android?
    How about Whatsapp?

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    Does it work with Android?
    How about Whatsapp?
    I only saw iPhone listed in the description... and considering you cover probably 70% of the smartphone users in one fell swoop, why not? That way you only have to develop for one platform, saves devlopment costs, and maximizes return on investment....

BTW, do they still make Androids? LOL

In reality, I never thought I would own an iPhone myself, but my companies proprietary IM Client, Expense, and other apps were all developed for the iphone - and they provided the HW and monthly expenses at no cost.
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

I picked up one from a recent trip to Japan and I must say that the features are a bit handy when you are at a noisy environment. I've noticed that the bluetooth connection disconnects at a fairly short distance, like when I leave my phone on another room. It does tell you that you have been disconnected with a short vibrate, and reconnects when it picks up the signal from the watch again. It has saved me from missing a couple of calls whenever I forget to switch my phone out of silent mode. I'm not sure how long the battery would last, but you can turn off the feature if you only want it to alert you for incoming calls, or incoming mail only.

By the way, It also displays a scrolling email address of the mail sender, so you get to find out if it deserves your immediate attention.

I'm using an iPhone4s and the 6900 with the negative display. i can take pics if you want to see anything in particular.
    Time_Bandit_8 likes this.
    Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket.

I'd like to pick one of these up

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information