GBA 800 phone finder feature not working all the time.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By d2mac
  • 1 Post By dantana999
  • 1 Post By dantana999
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 2 Post By d2mac

Thread: GBA 800 phone finder feature not working all the time.

GBA 800 phone finder feature not working all the time.

Phone finder is one of the reason I got the GBA 800 and the feature is not working all the time. It only works when the g-shock connect app is open or is running in the background. It worked fine for a few months and now it’s no longer working. I’m using an iPhone 7 plus.

Re: GBA 800 phone finder feature not working all the time.

Try to restart the iPhone, start the app, perform a manual sync.

If this is not helping, unpair watch and app and repair it.

It is also possible, that an other device is blocking the Bluetooth connection (speakers, ...).

Hope this helps.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Show me the Bluetooth application that is running reliable all the time. ;)
    StephenWatch likes this.
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Yes! This is one of the reasons I am not interested in the bluetooth models. Every bluetooth speaker I've had, every bluetooth headset I"ve had, have been let downs. Also the only feature the bluetooth brings to the G's that I would be interested in is the time sync for when MB6 didn't work. But every MultiBand (and Waveceptor) G-Shock I've had has pretty much synced every night without issue. So this would mainly be useful in two situations. One, when traveling and out of range of towers. And two, if they took the towers away. And quartz is pretty accurate, it's not like a mechanical thank God. So the syncing for me is best for DST which I often don't even know it changed and I'm still on time! But I can live without the syncing. So bluetooth not that attractive to me.
    d2mac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dantana999 View Post
    Yes! This is one of the reasons I am not interested in the bluetooth models. Every bluetooth speaker I've had, every bluetooth headset I"ve had, have been let downs. Also the only feature the bluetooth brings to the G's that I would be interested in is the time sync for when MB6 didn't work. But every MultiBand (and Waveceptor) G-Shock I've had has pretty much synced every night without issue. So this would mainly be useful in two situations. One, when traveling and out of range of towers. And two, if they took the towers away. And quartz is pretty accurate, it's not like a mechanical thank God. So the syncing for me is best for DST which I often don't even know it changed and I'm still on time! But I can live without the syncing. So bluetooth not that attractive to me.
    And also, I could get this functionality with ClockWave for $1.99.
    d2mac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Hope you haven’t passed the black spot onto me D2 as my BT seems to be working well so far.
    d2mac likes this.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Im not talking about G-Shocks only.
    Like dantana all my bluetooth devices let me down when needed.
    For me those are Bluetooth keyboards and mouses, Cellphone-car stereo coupling and device to device data transfer. :P

Bluetooth is up there in the highest rank of unreliable, together with printers.
    I heard there now are even printers with Bluetooth! That must be a dream combination! :D

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Hope you haven’t passed the black spot onto me D2 as my BT seems to be working well so far.
    greg1491 and dantana999 like this.
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

Thread Information