GD-100-1BDR
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GD-100-1BDR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GD-100-1BDR

Hey, I'm new to G-shocks and am looking for one for day to day use but there seems to be so many different models and sizes its kinda hard to pick out just one. The one above has caught my eye but my only concern is the size, i have a just under 7" wrist and think this is borderline with what i can get away with. My question is does the watch come in different sizes , anything you guys can recommend that is slightly smaller but keeping with the stealth look and similar shape (budget of under £100). Many thanks in advance

Re: GD-100-1BDR

Not gonna lie to ya, it's big.

But I have 7-3/8" wrists and it looks good. I will tell you though, it is my most comfortable G yet.

...but there are bigger ones.

Look at the G(W)9200 Riseman. It is smaller than the GD100 and has the best features-set yet on a G-Shock that I've tried and is a bit smaller. But it is gonna be more like $140-160 USD online.

Last edited by Coolio*; September 18th, 2012 at 22:39.

Nice one for the speedy response coolio, i found it to measure 51mm which in 'normal' watch terms seems massive ..Eg. Breitling big! Can't deny it has serious wrist presence. I'm swayed by the negative display, looks cool. The Riseman seems to be a little too high spec for me really, looks sweet though! Is anyone aware of the difference between the GD-100-1BDR and the GD-100-1BER versions, the reason i ask is i can get the BER version for £64 , the BDR version is £112

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love mine, and it does only come in one size.

Kuma, do you find the display a little difficult to read in everyday situations. The display looks awesome and that is the only negative in a few reviews i have found.

My advice is to be careful of the negative displays on G-Shocks, they can be difficult to read. Casio really needs to step it up and get better display technology after all these years, that is my biggest complaint of most G-Shocks.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tatt169 View Post
    Nice one for the speedy response coolio, i found it to measure 51mm which in 'normal' watch terms seems massive ..Eg. Breitling big! Can't deny it has serious wrist presence. I'm swayed by the negative display, looks cool. The Riseman seems to be a little too high spec for me really, looks sweet though! Is anyone aware of the difference between the GD-100-1BDR and the GD-100-1BER versions, the reason i ask is i can get the BER version for £64 , the BDR version is £112
    It is big. No doubt. But it doesn't look ridiculously big like a Breitling. Less "bling factor". It is light too so it doesn't wear as big.

I'd like to echo what Sodiac said about negative displays. I tried a negative display on my GX56-4 and I have to say, I'm not that crazy about it. I mean I love the watch as a whole but I do wish it had a positive display. Positive displays are just quicker and easier to read. Period! Now it'll be up to you whether the negative display is worth it to you.

The Riseman is feature-rich for sure. Not only does it have the rather novel Altitude, Barometer and Thermometer but it has nice usability features with home time in all modes (except Altitude and Altitude Record), World Time, 5 button operation, 5 alarm and the standard set of 24hr CDT, and 24hr 1/100sec. STW. Plus it wears like a 45-46mm wide watch cuz the 48.9mm width dimension is at the sensor/alti-button. Don't put aside the Riseman so quickly.

GD-100-1BDR and the GD-100-1BER is just the different markets they are sold but I think it is the same model(?). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. DR is US(?).

My wrist size is similar to yours, maybe a tad bigger. This watch is barely too big for me, but wearing it snug works.

Done abit more research and narrowed down my choices to these 3..

I've looked at videos of all of them to get an idea of the look of them on the wrist, the gulfman appears notably smaller than the other two, is there a clear winner here or is it down to personal preference as each one has its own plus points, on the G-7900 i like the dedicated light button and the wrist supports, the gulfman the size , and the GD-100-1BER the inverted display. I can currently get the G-7900 for £57, Gulfman £56, and the GD-100 £74. Any wrist shots of the mentioned watches would be welcomed! Many thanks, Chris

LUW

I'm a HUGE fan of the Gulfman, I think it wears very nicely on the wrist, with a perfect size. The G-7900 has a better module, and it's bigger, but still VERY comfortable because of the wings. I don't have a GD-100 and I'm known for disliking negative displays - I think they look pretty cool, but they're tough to read, or better said, a positive display is easier to read. So I would only consider a GD-100 with a positive display, specially the GD-100MS-1 that Coolio showed.

Therefor I can't really comment on the GD-100, but between the Gulfman and the G-7900, I think it will all depend on what features you need. And just a reminder about the G-7900: for some people hose wings under the case make the watch VERY comfortable but to others it's the contrary, depending on wrist size and shape. So if you can, try it on before buying.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information