GD-100SC for $35??
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: GD-100SC for $35??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GD-100SC for $35??

Is this worth buying for $35 (including shipping)???? From the pics of it, the bezel seems to have a couple of dings making the gloss disappear... Checked Pacparts and wasn't able to find a replacement bezel in stock.... Is it possible to remove the gloss from the bezel and make it matte black??? Here are a few pics sent from the seller...
    Last edited by Ash1979; March 8th, 2016 at 09:12.

Re: GD-100SC for $35??

yes, I'd buy it and put colorful resins to replace the black
    Ash1979 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    yes, I'd buy it and put colorful resins to replace the black
    Thanks for replying.... I wud have to check Pacparts for the bezel colors available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can't tell from the picture if the display is standard grey or bright green. If it is grey than be aware that the module might have been changed, because I believe that colorway only came with the bright green module (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). If it is indeed the bright green module then I say go for it. I agree with G-fob, this color has the potential to look great with many different resin sets. I put mine in an olive (army) green resin and I think it works well.

Edit: That is a GLS100 bezel PacParts: 91087108334 and GD100MS-3 band PacParts: 91087045067

I also put it in urban camo clothes once for a photo request from a fellow member.

I wind up typing this so often I should have it saved on my desktop so I can just copy and paste:

Pacparts' showing something as "not in stock, expect 1-2 weeks delivery" is COMPLETELY NORMAL, and if you dig around on their website long enough you'll see that probably NINETY PERCENT of their Casio watch parts are "not in stock." Even "not in stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer" is normal as well, although that usually means a longer wait until they get the parts and then ship them out.

There are probably thousands of different Casio models, when we include the sub-models with different colors, and Pacparts doesn't want to gamble with their money, trying to guess what parts they're going to need and buying them in advance. (If they do that, then prices go up and everybody loses. If they guess wrong, they get stuck with a few hundred parts that nobody wants, then they have to change prices on the website and put those items on sale to try to recoup their losses, then they have to raise other prices to COVER those losses. Meanwhile, a part they didn't expect to be popular turns out to be a big seller, they run out, and they wind up just doing the same thing they're doing now -- ordering more from Casio.)

Pacparts uses the same business model that automotive garages across North America (and for all I know, the world) do: they keep a few inexpensive, commonly used parts like oil and air filters on their shelves but when someone needs a new CV joint or an exhaust system, they call THEIR parts supplier and have it delivered. Pacparts keeps a lot of small screws and springbars and straps that fit many different models around, but they DON'T keep parts that only fit one or two models, like this bezel.

So just because a part shows as "not in stock," that's not a problem (and again, it's completely normal)! The only time to worry is if you see "DISCONTINUED" in big red letters or "RESTRICTED PART -- CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER."

Over the past few months, I've bought quite a few "out of stock" parts and it's been taking them three or four weeks on average to get the "awaiting ETA" parts and then ship them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    I can't tell from the picture if the display is standard grey or bright green. If it is grey than be aware that the module might have been changed, because I believe that colorway only came with the bright green module (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). If it is indeed the bright green module then I say go for it. I agree with G-fob, this color has the potential to look great with many different resin sets. I put mine in an olive (army) green resin and I think it works well.

Edit: That is a GLS100 bezel PacParts: 91087108334 and GD100MS-3 band PacParts: 91087045067

I also put it in urban camo clothes once for a photo request from a fellow member.

Thanks for replying and sharing the replacement parts link.... I too was not sure about the display when I saw the pics and asked the seller if was ever been for a battery change or repairs and he confirmed it was not... but its too late now as I have already paid for it (keeping my fingers crossed for the display and hoping it's not replaced) . the Olive and Camo resin make it look much better than the stock resin ...
    Knives and Lint likes this.

good observation K&L

now I am very suspicious that the owner swapped the module for a regular gd100, which, if it the case, ash1979 can return under "false advertisement law"

is the "illuminator" letter at the top of the LCD RED or black ?
    Ash1979 and Knives and Lint like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    good observation K&L

now I am very suspicious that the owner swapped the module for a regular gd100, which, if it the case, ash1979 can return under "false advertisement law"

is the "illuminator" letter at the top of the LCD RED or black ?
    Looks Red to me in OP's pics, while it's black in K&L's pics. I think K&L's right, it's a Franken G. At least all else looks legit, and may not be a complete fake. The pic for the backplate is too blur to tell for 100% though.
    Ash1979 and Knives and Lint like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Looks Red to me in OP's pics, while it's black in K&L's pics. I think K&L's right, it's a Franken G. At least all else looks legit, and may not be a complete fake. The pic for the backplate is too blur to tell for 100% though.
    Thanks a lot for pointing that out Knives & Lint and Watch_Geekmaster.... looks like he did change the module on it... The " Illuminator " text is in Red, the display does look like a regular display and those two graphical circles displaying the minutes and seconds counter are coloured.... Exactly same module like on the GD-100... What a bummer!!! I don't think he'll accept a return.... Right now the package is still in transit.. Will wait for it to come...Here's another pic he had sent me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post

if you show the photos of the real G vs. his modified G, you have a case here, I believe if it's Ebay you can keep the G and get the money back OR return the G to get the money back minus shipping and handling
    Ash1979 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information