GD-350-8JF Here three days after its release...Good Vibrations...Excitations!
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: GD-350-8JF Here three days after its release...Good Vibrations...Excitations!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

GD-350-8JF Here three days after its release...Good Vibrations...Excitations!

It seems like ages now, but it was just a few weeks ago that I noticed this watch in a thread by gobulls introducing February '13 G-Shock releases. Finally, here was a truly new G model that had the looks and features like no other G before it. I hadn't seen a stealth-gray G quite like this one before, not to mention the 35 time zone, 100-city mondo World Time and the infamous "vibrator". I still can't think of another Casio, or any other watch, that brings these features, among others, together in one package.

Pre-ordered with Rakuten merchant Sunknots a couple of weeks ago for an estimated end of February delivery, it was released on the 13th and got to me today, the 16th, through yet another superb collaboration between EMS-Japan and USPS-Express.

As usual, here's the unboxing. Hope you enjoy it.

A tidy package from Japan

Opened neatly without the aid of a knife

Camera takes a peek inside

Abundantly, securely bubble-wrapped

The understated, stylish G-Shock box

...Unbagged

Japanese owner's manual scroll. No worries though, this watch is already released in Asia and my guess is it'll go worldwide soon. We'll see.

I like the case as well

Hot dog! In love again.

Factory fresh, just packaged, with nary a spot on it.

New color on new resin. A very smooth, chocolate-bar-like look

Kicking off the lume shots

And another one for good measure

This is a great looking piece with a powerhouse module.

Here's Casio's funny description and specs:

GD-350-1

Vibration Alert
    This new G-SHOCK is designed and engineered for those special dark, secret missions that demand something extra. The timer function is has a large, specially designed easily identifiable dedicated button for quick and sure operation under the toughest of conditions. When the timer reaches the end of its countdown, you can select to be alerted by either a vibration operation or a tone plus LED flash operation. The special shock absorber design of the back of the watch helps to ensure that vibration is felt by the writs.
    A high luminance LED can be configured to light for one, three, or five seconds, and an Auto Light feature cause the face to illuminate whenever the watch is tilted towards the face for reading.

COLOR VARIATIONS

• Mineral Glass
    • Shock Resistant
    • 200-meter water resistance
    • Case / bezel material: Resin
    • Resin Band
    • LED Backlight (Super Illuminator)
      Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration, afterglow
    • Flash alert
      Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signal, countdown timer (time up)
    • World time
      35 time zones (100 cities), city name display, daylight saving on/off
    • 1/100-second stopwatch
      Measuring capacity: 999:59'59.99''
      Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
    • Countdown timer
      Measuring unit: 1 second
      Countdown range: 24 hours
      Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minutes increments and 1-hour increments)
      Other: Selectable flash alert/vibration alert, direct start from Timekeeping Mode
    • 5 daily or one-time alarms (with 1 snooze alarm), selectable flash alert/vibration alert
    • Hourly time signal
    • Low battery warning
    • Vibrator
    • Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
    • 12/24-hour format
    • Button operation tone on/off
    • Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
    • Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
    • Approx. battery life: 5 years on CR2032
    • Size of case/total weight: 53.4 X 50.8 X 18 mm/75 g
    • LED:White

© 2013 CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD.

Re: GD-350-8JF Here three days after its release...Good Vibrations...Excitations!

Great post and photos Air! Mine arrived from Sunknots earlier today also. Good vibrations!

The quality of the resin is quite nice, buttery smooth, pliable and soft which makes this one of the most comfortable G-Shock I've strapped on my wrist since the GW-5000. The shock absorber "fins" are equally as soft.

Attachment 975298

Attachment 975296

Attachment 975297

Attachment 975648
    Attachment 975645Attachment 975646Attachment 975647Attachment 975299
    Last edited by Feisar; February 17th, 2013 at 07:40.
    isezumi, demon2360, G-fob and 16 others like this.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

Banned

Re: GD-350-8JF Here three days after its release...Good Vibrations...Excitations!

Hey guys
    I am sizing up a purchase of one of these lovely grey Gs. Could you tell me what your delivered price was?
    Thanks
    Ash

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

No wonder everyone is going for the gray version .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

How good is the good vibration? Just curious. Is it as rumble as the cellphone?

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    How good is the good vibration? Just curious. Is it as rumble as the cellphone?

As the watch is worn on the wrist, I think we would hardly miss the vibration regardless how good is it.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I want one of these. What's the link to the seller?

Perfect for those secret dark missions! Lol

seriously tho, the watch looks amazing! Hopefully they have more colours coming out in the next few months.

congrats guys! Great pics as well!

Once I get over the "vibrator" marking, this would be my next new purchase

Also very tempted, problem is all the colour schemes seem very attractive so the decesion is that much harder. ALso kind of curious what other colour schemes this will be released in...
    As for the 'Vibrator' marking, I think if would be better if they put the word 'Vibration' instead or even better some sort of generic icon / pictogram depicting vibration (but no lewd comments please as to what might be on that pictogram )
    >>> MtothaJ <<<
    Incoming:
    nothing at the moment
    Currently owned: Casio G-Shock DW-5600EG, Tissot PR 50 Automatic, Atlantic Grand Prix Automatic
    Gone: Casio W-60U, Casio TS-100, Casio G-Shock GW-M5600/M5600BC TikTox custom, Casio SGW-300H, Tissot TwoTimer, Doxa Grafic

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information