WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GD-350 test modes and BATT indication

Tags
gd-350
5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  xevious 
#1 · (Edited)
I wish there was some way to get a sense of the battery health in a GD-350. There is a low battery indicator that will flash when the battery is low. But you can't get a sense of how close the watch is to low until it hits that threshold.

I was testing out a few button combinations to get the test pattern to show up, and somehow "BATT" started flashing. I couldn't get it to clear. The light and mode buttons wouldn't work. I could go into adjust mode for the home time, but once out of that the "BATT" continued to flash. I figured the CR-2032 must be needing replacement, although that's VERY odd given how this watch was released in 2016.

So I put the GD-350 aside for the day, but when I came back the "BATT" indicator was no longer flashing. Watch function was normal, including light. I pressed the light button about 5 times, held the vibration test button down for a full 30 seconds... and no low battery indication. I haven't been able to trip that low battery indication again. I'm not quite sure what I did. Anyone have a clue how to make it show up?

If you hold "A", "B" and "D" down simultaneously, the TEST mode will engage. From there you can check vibration and tilt functions.

[NOTE: Image is of the 3159 module, but same 4 buttons apply to the 3403 (GD-350)]

When TEST is shown, press "B".
"VIB" shows. Press "D" to enter the vibration test and "EXE" appears. Now press "B" to test vibration and alert tone.
Press "D" again to return to the vibration menu, "VIB" shows again.
Now press "B" and "TLT" shows, which is the tilt test mode (for wrist flip activation of back light, when enabled). Tilt the watch forward and you'll see some test digits appear. Return watch to upright orientation and test digits disappear.
Press any key to exit.

If you hold "A", "C", and "D" down simultaneously, the screen test mode appears.
For more details on that, go here: 60clicks.com - CASIO GShock Secret Hidden Features

Anyway, I'm still puzzled about that battery indication. I used the watch aggressively and pressed all kinds of button variations -- still haven't been able to trip it!

See less See more
#3 ·
I wish there was some way to get a sense of the battery health in a GD-350. There is a low battery indicator that will flash when the battery is low. But you can't get a sense of how close the watch is to low until it hits that threshold.

I was testing out a few button combinations to get the test pattern to show up, and somehow "BATT" started flashing. I couldn't get it to clear. The light and mode buttons wouldn't work. I could go into adjust mode for the home time, but once out of that the "BATT" continued to flash. I figured the CR-2032 must be needing replacement, although that's VERY odd given how this watch was released in 2016.

So I put the GD-350 aside for the day, but when I came back the "BATT" indicator was no longer flashing. Watch function was normal, including light. I pressed the light button about 5 times, held the vibration test button down for a full 30 seconds... and no low battery indication. I haven't been able to trip that low battery indication again. I'm not quite sure what I did. Anyone have a clue how to make it show up?

If you hold "A", "B" and "D" down simultaneously, the TEST mode will engage. From there you can check vibration and tilt functions.

[NOTE: Image is of the 3159 module, but same 4 buttons apply to the 3403 (GD-350)]

When TEST is shown, press "B".
"VIB" shows. Press "D" to enter the vibration test and "EXE" appears. Now press "B" to test vibration and alert tone.
Press "D" again to return to the vibration menu, "VIB" shows again.
Now press "B" and "TLT" shows, which is the tilt test mode (for wrist flip activation of back light, when enabled). Tilt the watch forward and you'll see some test digits appear. Return watch to upright orientation and test digits disappear.
Press any key to exit.

If you hold "A", "C", and "D" down simultaneously, the screen test mode appears.
For more details on that, go here: 60clicks.com - CASIO GShock Secret Hidden Features

Anyway, I'm still puzzled about that battery indication. I used the watch aggressively and pressed all kinds of button variations -- still haven't been able to trip it!
My GD-350-1B showed the BATT indicator yesterday when I went into the CDT mode to set a timer duration. After this, it became stuck on the main timekeeping screen.

Last night the BATT indicator was gone and I used the light and the vibe alert test a few times. This morning I did the same. In neither case did the BATT indicator come back on. I'm not sure why it came on to begin with. It seems like a false alarm.

#4 ·
Weird, isn't it? Mine happened not long after I'd started wearing it. It never happened again. That was 4 years ago. Battery seems A-OK. I really wish Casio had bothered to incorporate an extra data panel in the test mode that would show the battery health. Maybe there's no good way to know the status of a button cell... except when it approaches near exhaustion.

#6 · (Edited)
On mine the battery indicator is sometimes triggered by the vibration alarm. The vibration drains power so it seems logical with a low battery. But I've changed it in the meantime and this still occurs sometimes.
Ok I just wanted to try the test mode and instead the "BATT" indicators appears :rolleyes:
I have to wait as only time could be displayed when this occurs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.