GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member Gshockmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Posts
    711

    GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    One of my Instagram followers brought this to my attention, he said all of his xl 6900 have a very large un-even gap on the topside of bezel. I checked mines and sure enough, never had noticed that detail. I also looked at some other regular size 6900 solar and non solar and the gap look way less, for example the bezel is much more closer to the glass. Do not know how I feel about this yet, I have always thought this condition the watches would get once used and worn, but not new , unworn, hmm.

    I also check a lightning yellow Gd-x, and a bluetooth blue xl, and they do not have the big separation as the Camo watches have.

    Name:  DSC03199.JPG
Views: 1016
Size:  220.6 KBName:  DSC03201.JPG
Views: 957
Size:  255.2 KBName:  DSC03204.JPG
Views: 980
Size:  226.8 KBName:  DSC03206.JPG
Views: 952
Size:  195.6 KBName:  DSC03208.JPG
Views: 950
Size:  185.8 KB



  2. #2
    Member discodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    I've taken a few of these apart. There's a silicone-ish gasket under the bezel that keeps water and dust out. The gap is there because it's sitting on that gasket, so it's a "functional gap".

    Quote Originally Posted by Gshockmike View Post
    One of my Instagram followers brought this to my attention, he said all of his xl 6900 have a very large un-even gap on the topside of bezel. I checked mines and sure enough, never had noticed that detail. I also looked at some other regular size 6900 solar and non solar and the gap look way less, for example the bezel is much more closer to the glass. Do not know how I feel about this yet, I have always thought this condition the watches would get once used and worn, but not new , unworn, hmm.

    I also check a lightning yellow Gd-x, and a bluetooth blue xl, and they do not have the big separation as the Camo watches have.

    Name:  DSC03199.JPG
Views: 1016
Size:  220.6 KBName:  DSC03201.JPG
Views: 957
Size:  255.2 KBName:  DSC03204.JPG
Views: 980
Size:  226.8 KBName:  DSC03206.JPG
Views: 952
Size:  195.6 KBName:  DSC03208.JPG
Views: 950
Size:  185.8 KB


    phattbam likes this.

  3. #3
    Member Gshockmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Posts
    711

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Great information Dave, thanks I was surprised to see this gap on a new gshock. I have some older ones and from heavy use will develop it. Dave on the Gdx why some have a bigger gap then others?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member discodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gshockmike View Post
    Great information Dave, thanks I was surprised to see this gap on a new gshock. I have some older ones and from heavy use will develop it. Dave on the Gdx why some have a bigger gap then others?
    I'm not sure about that. It's probably just the way the bezel is shaped. I'll take one apart tonight and take pictures of the gasket that's underneath. I was suprised when I saw it the first time because I've never seen that on a G-Shock. It's actually a good thing too.
    starscream likes this.

  6. #5
    Member Gshockmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Posts
    711

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Sweet bro!

  7. #6
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    yeah, i noticed this yesterday as well.. was bugging me, but when Discodave replied to me yesterday, it put my mind at ease, now i'm fine with it. lol

  8. #7
    Member Mike K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,784

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    I've taken a few of these apart. There's a silicone-ish gasket under the bezel that keeps water and dust out. The gap is there because it's sitting on that gasket, so it's a "functional gap".
    What's keeping water and dust from entering the bezel from the space around the back side, which normally touches the wearer's wrist?

    I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures as well -- offhand, I'm going to GUESS that the silicone-ish gasket and air space is just one more layer of shock absorption.

    If the bezel is pressed up tightly against the glass (like on most G's) a lot of impact will just transfer through the resin and into the glass, but if there's a small air space the bezel has to flex before it can touch the glass and transmit that impact.

    Or...

    If we put a piece of plate window glass directly under -- and pressed flat against -- a full-sized trampoline's mesh fabric surface and drop a human-sized 100 pound weight on it, that glass will break as if the fabric weren't even there.

    If we put the same piece of plate glass maybe two feet BELOW the trampoline's surface so the dropped weight barely hits the glass, it won't be as likely to break.

    Of course, a bigger weight or a bigger "drop distance" means that the same-sized "air space" won't absorb as much of the impact, but some air space is better than none!
    nigelw likes this.

  9. #8
    Member discodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,304

    GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Here are some pics after removing the bezel from my Maharishi 6900. I think it may be for more shock absorption like previously mentioned. Not sure why it's there, but it's there.





    Last edited by discodave; April 23rd, 2014 at 19:27.
    Piowa, phattbam, nigelw and 6 others like this.

  10. #9
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Ah, nice! Thanks for the pics Dave.

  11. #10
    Member Gshockmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Posts
    711

    Re: GD-X6900 Camo Bezel Separation noticed,new watches.

    Dave, did the maharishi have the same lifted bezel as the camos ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •