Ge7900 issues ever fixed?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ge7900 issues ever fixed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I was reading here that a few years ago the 7900 had issues with the light button. Does anyone know if this was car fixed? I’ve got a 2019 version and want to know if should be not using the light or taking other precautions

Edit:GW7900

Re: Ge7900 issues ever fixed?

I donít recall seeing anything about this issue, but the one I had a couple of years ago was fine. Where did you read about an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tetsu Tekubi likes this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    If I wasnít spending money on G-Shocks, my wife would be spending it on dumb sh*t like food and bills.

ive read most of the content in this forum for the better part of a decade and done recall it ever being a thing. if it was, youd think there wouldve been far more wide spread uproar about it since they are/were quite a popular model. its also a module shared with the glx 6900 so youd expect ppl to be complaining about thsoe too.

in saying that, it took less than 10 ppl to complain about the rangeman lugs to make that into an "issue" that had to be "fixed" and precautions taken so maybe 2 ppl complained about button issues after they dragged it behind a car or something?
    Prdrers and g-fob2 like this.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman6976 View Post
    I was reading here that a few years ago the 7900 had issues with the light button. Does anyone know if this was car fixed? Iíve got a 2019 version and want to know if should be not using the light or taking other precautions

Edit:GW7900
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    ive read most of the content in this forum for the better part of a decade and done recall it ever being a thing.
    While some of us are long time members of the forum, we don't necessary have photographic memory to every thread ever posted in the forum. Next time please include some reference to the issue you read about. A quick search turned up some threads about the 7900 light button, but most were user errors: didn't charge watch long enough; didn't read manual how to set the auto light; and etc. If that's not what you meant, please provide reference to what you read.

I have both a G7900 and a GW7900, neither have any problem.
    Yours Truly,
    Jonathan

I have 1 7900, and 2 glx-6900's,,,,no issues over many years of use.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Got a GW right now, and have had a few other 7900's over the years with no issue at all.

I also don't remember ever reading or seeing anywhere that this model range had any problem with the light button.
    Tetsu Tekubi likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    While some of us are long time members of the forum, we don't necessary have photographic memory to every thread ever posted in the forum. Next time please include some reference to the issue you read about. A quick search turned up some threads about the 7900 light button, but most were user errors: didn't charge watch long enough; didn't read manual how to set the auto light; and etc. If that's not what you meant, please provide reference to what you read.

I have both a G7900 and a GW7900, neither have any problem.
    you dont really need a photographic memory, certain things will always stand out or be more memorable than others. a wide spread button problem with a popular model would be one of those things that stick out, just like rosti's posts about wanting to work for casio and designing his sapphire, titanium, gps, triple sensor smart square with "double tap" lol

im beginning to wonder if they OP might have read it on an amazon review or something instead
    Grandma's chicken salad

GW7900 issues ever fixed?

Sorry guys not trying to be controversial. I was under the impression they had issues with the micro switch or something for the EL. I recall it being a somewhat known issue and Casio not helping.

If it’s not...I’m thrilled. I love mine

lvt

Re: GW7900 issues ever fixed?

Sorry guys not trying to be controversial. I was under the impression they had issues with the micro switch or something for the EL. I recall it being a somewhat known issue and Casio not helping.

If itís not...Iím thrilled. I love mine
    Casio uses a tilt sensor to control the auto light. Sometime the sensor doesn't work well. You can fix it by shaking your watch violently, feel free to throw the watch against the wall, isn't it a G-shock?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Re: GW7900 issues ever fixed?

If it’s not...I’m thrilled. I love mine
    only thing controversial was saying there was an issue (implying many reported cases) when there wasnt. theres also a big difference between the light button and the tilt sensor for auto light. either way, no "issue" in that case either so you no longer need to fret about doing your research -after- youve bought the watch :p haha
    Grandma's chicken salad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information