Geeking out with my Riseman, my new beater watch

Thread: Geeking out with my Riseman, my new beater watch

Geeking out with my Riseman, my new beater watch

After fumbling around for a strap I am finally happy with the one I pulled off an old G-2210.
    I was not hugely fond of the original parachute nylon material. Yes, the material itself is cool but it was not very comfortable to me and I did not like the appearance too much.

The DW9100 is pretty tore up with scratches on the bezel, crystal and I just noticed a crack on the upper left portion of the bezel where the screws hold it to the case.
    But I really dig it now!! It is nice and chunky, it looks more rugged and I am FINALLY using the functions!!

The Riseman is one VERY COOL legacy Master of G

Here is the new strap mod.

And so I could not go without using it!! I took the day off today(and what a beautiful day it was!) and took it out on my mountain bike ride. I am probably using it wrong, I read the instructions late last night. I will definitely re-visit them.

Once I parked my car I cleared the altitude to give me a reference point. It quickly rose to 20ft as I got to the trailhead. Its working! No picture at the start. Sorry.
    After the first of several climbs and at my stretch out point I checked the reading:

320 feet of climbing.
    I checked it against DaftLogic.com's altitude finder and was only about 15ft off. Ok, that is pretty major but cool that it is within range and is ok by me for casual use.
    I cruised the downhill and climbed another short bit to the top of a similar hilltop. Same reading, and checked it against the website. About 10ft off but I cannot quite determine where I took the measurement.

Through more woods, singletrack and then to the top of another peak...more climbing!

I dont think I took the reading at the highest point since the reading was off by a couple hundred feet.
    When I returned to my car at the end of my ride I see that it went down to -20. I wonder what the reason for that? I was hoping it would read the same as when I departed. Maybe it was due to the change in temperature a couple hours later?

Anyways, it was cool geeking out with my Riseman on my day off! I will now go and re-read the instructions to make sure I understand everything correctly. The cool part was to see the graph rise and fall. I did not mind the temp reading as I knew it would not be accurate but I dont think it was off by too much. Considering it was taking readings while on my wrist, it was decently close. Man, this is probably the most complicated G Shock I own(next to my GW9200's that is)! The Geek Factor is tremendous and I love it!!

...and that muddy spot on the face, I promise I did not purposely put that there!

Hope you guys likey!
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

Re: Geeking out with my Riseman, my new beater watch

Nice! I am wearing my Riseman to work now, but I am in an office in London... :$ was fun using it in India though! I only have the GW-9200, not a classic like yours ;)
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Ive always wanted one of these classics!!

Great watch!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fantastic watch! I wouldn't use it as a beater though. Congrats!
    seiko · orient · citizen · casio · timex · rolex · omega · victorinox · apple watch

Children need your help. Please share your blessings...
    GiveDirect -
    https://www.givedirectly.org/
    UNICEF - http://
    www.unicefusa.org
    CARITAS -
    http://www.caritas.org/
    NO KID HUNGRY -
    http://www.nokidhungry.org/
    Save The Children - http://www.savethechildren.org/

Very nice watch and photos!

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker885 View Post
    Fantastic watch! I wouldn't use it as a beater though. Congrats!
    thanks! The crystal is scratched, the bezel has a small crack and has nicks all over it. It was definitely not a display queen!
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

Inactive

big watch

Thread Information