A gem of a seller - watchub (Md. Kader)

Thread: A gem of a seller - watchub (Md. Kader)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A gem of a seller - watchub (Md. Kader)

Hey all,

May be this belongs better to the feedback forum but I figured since folks do post negative buying experiences here, there should be no harm done if I post about a really good one.

I'm writing to highly recommend Md. Kader (eBay id: watchub) as a seller. I recently purchased a watch from him and the payment and dispatch went smoothly. However the package came under the scanner and the courier company had to pay unexpected taxes/charges on my behalf (without contacting me), which are pretty high here (almost 20% =~ $75).

The courier company didn't budge and I was confused about what to do when I talked to Kader and he generously offered to share half the burden of the charges. That's real gentlemanly if you ask me, haven't yet heard of a seller who refunds after a sale (not a return). On top of this, he seems like a friendly and soft-spoken fellow, so I have nothing but good words.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
    nagpal

Re: A gem of a seller - watchub (Md. Kader)

Oh yes, I second that - "watchub" is great! I bought my Autozilla from him - the single most expensive item I ever ordered on ebay - everything went smooth and he already gave feedback before I gave it - something that's worth mentioning as most sellers wait till they receive (positive) feedback till they give feedback themselves. Package was also bomb-proof.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

He is in general a great seller, but he reacts in a hostile way against some less educated buyers (who totally deserve it by the way). By less educated buyers I am talking about people who put negative feedback because they do not understand how to operate a watch and did not even try to read the user manual, or because shipping took slightly longer than expected, or because they had to pay the customs fee. I don't think any seller should really be responsible for all that. From my conversations with him, I wouldn't say he is a soft-spoken fellow, most likely he is a very professional person. It's possible that his nerd rage against the aforementioned less educated buyers is because he has been very careful in maintaining his reputation and won't let some irresponsible buyers ruin it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would like to confirm that Mr Kader is a great seller. I recently bought a Citizen Jv0020 from him and the transaction with him was magnificent. Great price, excellent communication, superb packaging and shipping.
    Thanks WUS for the information about him.

I bought my GF1000 from Mr. Kader (AKA watchub), and I highly recommend him. At $368 USD (incl. shipping) the watch was far less money than all other sellers are / were asking, so I was slightly apprehensive - especially because my only other two purchases from Singapore had been paticularly bad experiences (1 x wrong model & 1 x ex-display watch). I shouldn't have worried - he shipped my shiney brand new Frogman within 24 hours, it was extremely well packaged and he even took the time to stamp the warranty card.
    It was a great pity that the stoooopid Spanish customs decided to hold the package for two and a half weeks. Unfortunately, whilst tracking the parcel from my end, the customs retention did not show on the system. and I was starting to think that the parcel had been lost (stolen). I contacted Mr. Kader with my concerns, and he replied within one hour! He sent me comprehensive tracking info from his end, which clearly showed the Customs retention. He also most kindly offered to send me an official receipt just in case I needed to prove the value of the watch. He is without any doubt a very professional seller.
    The storey has a happy ending as well, because even though the watch was retained by Spanish customs, they decided not to charge me any import tax at all - although I think that this has very little to do with the customs declaration on the package, and is far more likely to be because they are a lazy, inefficient body of public servants who just couldn't be bothered to process the item properly even though they had it for a longer period than most people's annual holidays (eSpain eeeeesss diferrrrent.....)

:)
    Last edited by Dutchboy27; December 14th, 2011 at 21:46.

I bought a watch from Watchub the first week of August. It started off great, he answered most of my emails within 24 hours. I didn't file a claim after 45 days because I know it sometimes takes longer than that and because he seemed trustworthy. I made countless trips to the post office, they never received the watch.
    After three months I figured the watch was lost and I asked him to refund my money, he agreed to do so. That was when the stalling game started. All of a sudden he couldn't answer my messages because he had problems with his internet connection and he kept asking for payment information, stuff he should have in his own administration. I sent him all the information and now he doesn't answer my messages anymore.

I will definitely not recommend Kader to anybody, until this case is solved. He seems very unprofessional.
    It's easy to be a good seller when all goes well, but it takes character to keep your customers happy when things go wrong.

Update:
    WOW! That woke him up. Kader answered the very next day, angry about this post.
    This was his reaction:

You have posted bad remarks for me in Watchuseek and you will get nothing from me now.
    You have to tell everyone that I am an honest seller.....
    Leave it to you..ok

Kader

I agreed to remove the post to give him a chance to refund. His response:

Thanks for the update....
    Appreciate if you can now pose me a good testimonial.

Kader

In other words:
    You pay for a watch, you never receive it, in order to get a refund you have to tell the whole world how great a seller he is.
    Very professional indeed!

You decide......in the meantime I'm still waiting for my watch.

Cheers

It's easy to be a good seller when all goes well, but it takes character to keep your customers happy when things go wrong.
    Great point. When we are dealing with any kind of seller, it takes not just a good business sense from him - but personal character also needs to go into account. And when do we get to see this personal character? It is in botched transactions like the story above. I have always seen Kader as quite an interesting person - never bought from him, just read some of the funnier negatives on his feedback page over time. One of the easiest methods to determine what kind of a person are we going to deal with is to study all the negative feedback a seller has.
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Got my Seiko Monster from watchub.
    Good communication and no problems at all.
    No customs problems either.

Can´t reply this thread, I have some pieces to receive.

Go Team Bravus!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information