Genuine BAPE GW-6900 question..

Thread: Genuine BAPE GW-6900 question..

Genuine BAPE GW-6900 question..

Hi all, whilst looking into starting my own G-Shock collection I came across this forum. Seems to be a wealth of info here so I thought I'd join and get involved!

Anyway, I'm looking at buying one of the new purple Bape 6900 watches that came out a couple of months ago. The only worry I have is that the "Ape shall never kill ape" text on the strap will wear off over time. The reason this is a concern is that I know someone who bought a fake one on eBay a while back and that's exactly what happened. I would obviously expect a genuine watch to be of a much higher quality, and definitely wouldn't expect this to happen, but I thought I would ask anyway just in case.

So any gen bape owners - your feedback would be much appreciated!

Re: Genuine BAPE GW-6900 question..

it will rub off. I have a black version 6900 and it's not that worn overall but the wording on the strap is starting to fade. No bad but for sure fading.

Rolex 116610LV HULK Submariner
    Rolex 216570 Explorer II Polar White
    Rolex 16610 circa 1991
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 9300
    Grand Seiko SBGA029 Spring Drive Diver
    Casio GW-5000

Hmm ok, thanks for the reply! I was going to get the "Mr. Cartoon" Ltd. edition one too, but if the printing on the strap rubs off it would ruin that watch completely. Guess you'd be best to look at these more as collector's items rather than general wear watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, when I find a watch that I really dig, I buy two: 1 for the wrist and 1 for the safe. That way, you always have one that's perfect (so you can pull it out and admire its pristine condition) and another that you can wear without worry about wear and tear.
    D

Thanks link2derek, good idea - could pick up 2 of the Mr Cartoon ltds easy enough I guess - but it's hard enough finding one (genuine) Bape 6900 - never mind two!

Also, why I'm here - I've been looking online and seem to have found a decent eBay shop for G-Shocks. The seller has excellent feedback (500, 100%) but I really find it hard to trust eBay with all the fakes flying around. Just wondered if anyone here knows the seller, or if a couple of more experienced collectors could check out the shop and let me know what you think - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/koofactor

Thanks

Thread Information