GF-1000 verus GWF-1000 pricing...

Thread: GF-1000 verus GWF-1000 pricing...

GF-1000 verus GWF-1000 pricing...

There is a seller who has the GF-1000-1DR

CASIO.G-SHOCK FROGMAN TOUGH SOLAR ALARM WORLDTIME WATCH | eBay

Selling for $340 with free shipping.

Does this mean Frogman prices are finally starting to fall?

And how does Casio justify charging twice as much for the atomic feature?

Re: GF-1000 verus GWF-1000 pricing...

It's a private listing - never heard of that. The higher price might actually not just be due to the atomic feature but because the GWF is JDM.

regards, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

A quick look at the eBay glossary reveals this:

Private auction listing
    A listing in which the bidders' user IDs are not shown to others. When a private auction listing ends, the seller and high bidder are notified through email. Sellers may want to use this option when they believe that potential bidders for an item may not want their user IDs disclosed to others.
    I am not sure why they won't want their user IDs shown to other users. Anyway, the GF-1000 should be an export release so the price will be somewhat cheaper, plus the lack of atomic also helps turn down the price. Watchub seems like a reputable seller though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If only they would make this model smaller! It's such a nice module. I could do without the gigantic resin.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Some sellers are into full privacy for buyers. Even though you can't see who won at auction close, when feedback is left or given you can find out. The seller has been on eBay since 2004 and has a lot of selling history... I don't think there's anything to worry about. Watch looks legit.

The thing is, demand has slacked a bit. Look at recent eBay history and hardly any Frogmen have sold above $300. Plenty of used ones and older models for less. Plus now there's the new "dark purple display" version out (looks more like blue to me), which would cut into sales of the older styles. Economy is still sluggish... all of these factors together could be contributing to lowering prices.
    Last edited by xevious; May 17th, 2011 at 10:21.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Seller is great - I bought my Autozilla from him which was the single most expensive watch I ever bought on ebay (the most expensive thing I ever bought on ebay, too). Watch was securely packed and delivery was fast - I chose FedEx because they do all the customs stuff for you so you don't have to go pick it up from the custom's office. I didn't notice right away that a private listing simply hides the user names. That's already common practice on ebay Germany anyway.
    I might have to think long and hard about maybe getting another Frogman. I was stupid enough to sell both of my DW-8200 (never wore them much, but still...).

regards, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks for posting this listing. I thought all the 1000 serises were Atomic (GWF). I didn't even know they had a GF version out there. I love the look of the 1000 Frogs, but the've been way out of my price range. This brings it one step closer.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

I think most listings now are private, because you used to be able to contact other ebay members that way. Sometimes people would see a listing then message bidders on your auction, and try to sell them a watch they had for sale and steal bidders. I had a positive experience with that, though, when someone was listing a fake Swiss Army jacket that I had bid on. Another member messaged me to let me know it was fake and I was thankful for that. But it is what it is...

btw, if the listing is private, you may be able to see a person's feedback, but it isn't known as to what they bought. (if memory serves)

Neil

Thread Information