GF/GWF 1000 Frogman Band and Bezel: Best Place to Buy?/ Any Differences?

Thread: GF/GWF 1000 Frogman Band and Bezel: Best Place to Buy?/ Any Differences?

GF/GWF 1000 Frogman Band and Bezel: Best Place to Buy?/ Any Differences?

I bought a GF 1000 when they first came out (the 1DR, I think). Because I live between the Caribbean and the USA, I didn't worry about the lack of atomic. My other atomics don't see a signal unless I take them back to the US in the summer.

Even though the watch is in great shape, I was interested in getting a new band and bezel just in case or maybe just to give mine a different look.

Is there a difference between the GW and GWF that I don't see? Where is the best place to get one?

Any help, links or advice is appreciated.

Re: GF/GWF 1000 Frogman Band and Bezel: Best Place to Buy?/ Any Differences?

Hi,

There's no difference in the GF and GWF cases so the bezels and straps are the same.

TikTox is my personal shop of choice as I'm in the UK but in the US you could always just contact Casio Sales and Service directly. Others will chime in with their own US recommendations though, I'm sure.

Marc
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition

Atomic or not, all the 1000 series are still outstanding Frogman. Same for here in Singapore, no atomic signal plus I prefer to set my time a few minutes ahead of the actual time so non-atomic makes the most sense.

I only got mine 2 months back so still a newbie to Frogman. :D
    Last edited by Snoweagle; September 17th, 2012 at 18:47.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just came back back from the beach wearing my 1000. It's a great watch, especially when I get up in the middle of the night and can't see anything. I chased bright lume for years but this display is great!

Quote Originally Posted by adnj View Post
    I just came back back from the beach wearing my 1000. It's a great watch, especially when I get up in the middle of the night and can't see anything. I chased bright lume for years but this display is great!
    Wear it in the best of health bro!

Thanks for the replies.

So I just did a price comparison for a new band and bezel. Mostly because I just pulled the trigger on a used GWF1000 that I've been wanting for the last 2 years. Finally saved enough and pulled the trigger as I could no longer resist the pull of the Solar/Atomic Frog.

Anyway, I looked on ebay and compared prices to Pacparts and amazingly Pacparts is coming in approx 20 bucks cheaper then the cheapest prices on the bay.

Has anyone tried ordering direct from Casio CS? I know they sometimes won't sell you parts to JDM models. But I've got to assume Casio CS will be the cheapest if they are willing to sell the parts to you.

Not amazing. Ebay is usually expensive for parts compared to Casio. Casio vs. Pacparts is not as clear. Sometimes one or the other is cheaper, sometimes they are close. The 4 decorative screws on the 1000 bezels are separate parts if you want those also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    The 4 decorative screws on the 1000 bezels are separate parts if you want those also.
    And they're NOT sold in pairs, so make sure to order two of each. Personally, I don't really see the need to get the smaller screw pair (the smooth screwhead ones) placed next to the 1 and 5 o'clock buttons, because they're placed in a way they're quite hard to damage accidentally, but the face side tri-wing screws sure. I can see grinding the watch against the wall and scratching them up. BTW, the tri-wings are pricy. I recall they were $10+ EACH directly from Casio USA.

Thread Information