Giez 1000 models

Thread: Giez 1000 models

Giez 1000 models

There seem to be 5 models of the 1000, do we have owners of them all here? I'd love to see actual photos of each model. The blue and all black have been posted here in other threads but I don't recall seeing the others.

http://www.g-shock.jp/products/giez_theg.html
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Giez 1100

Not exactly the Giez 1000, but my brand-new "european" GS-1100-1AER here. They arrived in my hometown yesterday

My verdict so far: a very nice piece of technology, especially the Multiband 5 atomic time will help a lot on these business trips. BUT: changing through the different modes (timekeeping-world time-alarm) requires a lot of patience as buttons are inactive as long as the hands are moving. And they move a lot, when your world time is set to another continent!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ralphee; September 8th, 2007 at 10:37.

Re: Giez 1000 models

Yeah, the movement required of the main hands is a bit tedious. Stuff being on the sub-dial with the 1000 was nice. I'm not decided on whether moving it to the main hands was worth having the day display or not. To help me decide I'm going to keep both my 1000 and 1100 :)

I got the blue but was torn on which color to go with. Blue is nice but it is a little hard to see the days of the week as they are black. I like yours a lot but having the all black 1000 made me pick the more colorful model for the 1100.

-Nate
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

-Nate
    -Albert Einstein

I was lucky enough to score a GS1000-1AJF recently. This thing is awesome! A G that can be worn under a shirt sleeve but still has some ruggedness. The strap is nice, soft, and flexible and I prefer the stainless case to the titanium one of earlier Giez models. The modes are a little weird...It just takes some getting used to, not as straightforward as other G's when you're switching modes. It doesn't have hourly chime or a count-down timer, and, being all analog, it's a different breed of G.

Name:  giez-1.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  61.1 KB
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

Cool Re: Giez 1000 models

I like the GS1100 with its Multi Band 5 capability. I wish they would issue one with a metal band. I would be all over that one for sure. I believe the MR-G model MRG-7500BJ-1AJF uses the same module (4777), so that would make an all-metal GS1100 a very affordable version of the MRG-7500 without the DLC metal treatment and synthetic sapphire crystal. I sent out an inquiry to Casio to check on any plans for this and will post what I find out from them. Enjoy your GS1100.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

I wish they had the all-black GIEZ here in Europe. This one is definitely my favourite, as it adds even more toughness to a tough watch. Anyway, Casio's Marketing-people in Europe seem to rely on colorful and cheap-looking "Kids"-watches, rather than cool collectible timepieces. It's always a pity to see the japanese and US-website and compare with what we got. (Not to talk about prices...)

How black is the black coating? Are the metal pieces pulverized, or anodized like the Seikos? (means: matt or glossy?) I wonder if the black coating will wear off after some time of use. Any guesses?

The black coating on the metal parts is as black as the rest of the watch. It doesn't seem to be too thick. The main surface of the metal pieces has the moderately textured coating while the beveled section that slants towards the band is more gloss black. This is the same as my blue 1100 just black in color. I get the impression it'll last a long time if treated properly meaning no off roading or the type of abuse you might expect to put a typical mudman through.
    -Nate
    -Albert Einstein

Re: Giez 1100

So what's your verdict on the night time illumination... as bad as earlier models?

Re: Giez 1100

Quote Originally Posted by tomzweifel View Post
    So what's your verdict on the night time illumination... as bad as earlier models?
    The Giez's main hands are quite bright - for a Casio. The illumination is easily readable throughout a whole night. Much better than my other G-Shocks. The hour-marks instead are common Casio-level...

Thread Information