Giez GS - 1000J - 1AJF Reviews

Thread: Giez GS - 1000J - 1AJF Reviews

Giez GS - 1000J - 1AJF Reviews

This new Casio G-Shock variant seems to have caught my eye. Any comments would be appreciated. My normal wear watch is either a Orange Seiko SBDA005 Titanium . Weight comparison? Size?
    Good Dealers?

Thank you for any commentary.

Douglas

Some quick thoughts....

To me, the Giez is a very Un G Like G shock. Hard to explain why, but when I have it on, I don't have that usual feeling I get wearing a G.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't feel like it can't take the abuse, and it's not a bad thing, it's just a different feel than what you get with normal G's. I suspect it's a combination of the heavy steel construction, lack of digital displays and the almost traditional looking chronograph dial layout.

I've had a Ti Samurai in the past and I'd guess that the two could be very similar in weight. Size is a different issue. The Giez wears pretty small on the wrist. My first thought upon receiving mine was that it was smaller than I'd expected after seeing so many pictures and having so much experience with G's.

For a dealer, I'd try Higuchi. I'm sure he could get one for you. If you have any more specific questions, let us know.

I have one and enjoy it tremendously

I received a Casio G shock "GIEZ" GS-1000J-1AJF from Higuchi about a month ago.

It has the following zones: GMT LDN PAR ATH JED THR DXB KBL KHI DEL DAC RGN BKK HKG TYO ADL SYD NOU WLG PPG HNL ANC LAX DEN CHI NYC CCS RIO -02 -01.

Summer time (DST) can be set for each time zone individually.

It receives the atomic signals from Fort Collins Colorado and the two stations in Japan but does not work with the European transmitter. Reception is performed either automatically or manually.

It has a chronograph that times to 24 hours at 1/20th of a second resolution (using the bottom small-seconds subdial for fractions of a second). On the left side is a 24-hour subdial that displays the hour of the primary time zone (the time currently displayed by the main hands). On the right is a 24-hour subdial with a minute and second hand that displays the dual time. The dual time sub-dial doubles as the alarm setting display.

The large seconds hand is used to point to the various time zones as well as display the reception success/in-process state, and alarm on/off status, and seconds during chronograph use.

The instruction booklet is only in Japanese, but I will post a state diagram that I have created.

The case is stainless with a mineral glass crystal, and is water resistant to 20 BAR. Like the Eco-Drive, it uses solar panels to charge a battery. The only indication of low charge is the seconds hand stepping. After about an hour in darkness between 10 pm and 6 am, the second hand is no longer updated. After 6 days in darkness, it no longer updates any of the hands. But upon exposure to light, the hands are motored to their correction positions. (I was initially disconcerted to find the hands spinning around when I opened the box from Higuchi -- they were setting themselves after being in the dark during shipment and some additional storage time since it arrived while I was on a trip.)

A great watch. My only complaint is the lume. It is scant and not very bright. But I can still read it after 8 hours of darkness, so I can't really complain.

Scott
    Last edited by sranders; July 17th, 2006 at 19:47.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Instructions for the GS-1000J-1AJF GIEZ, Module 4343

Re: Giez GS - 1000J - 1AJF Reviews

i think GS1000 is the first G with 7 motors and all analog chronograph function

i think it looks great and i really like the design

i just couldn't get pass it being without LED for night time reading

Re: Giez GS - 1000J - 1AJF Reviews

I agree. A G with no backlight is not a true G. I do own a regular Giez and I like the watch but it gets no wear.

Thumbs Up Re: Instructions for the GS-1000J-1AJF GIEZ, Module 4343

Quote Originally Posted by sranders
    Hi Scott,

Great flow chart for Giez users. I don't own one and am a bit dazzled by the flow lines, but it's probably absolutely great!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information