WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Giez GS1100 on the way

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Matteeboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Not written on here for ages!

Just ordered a Giez GS1100 (solar/atomic, fully ana) which should arrive in the next day or two - rather excited!

To add to my tiny "collection" of my fully digi (12 year old!) G Cool GT-006 and my black metal ion cockpit ana digi (two years old).

Hope everyone is well?!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice watch, I had one with the blue face. Never could get used to the seconds being on a sub-dial. Enjoy it and wear it happily and in good health.

#3 ·
Nate - cheers. I will have a watch for everything when this arrives:

Cockpit - semi smart, metal strap dries instanly so use it for surfing and going out. Hopeless for running/cycling (strap cuts into my wrist)

G Cool - my action watch - use it for running (I do 10K races and recently did my first off road triathlon and somehow won it!), cycling and generally timing duties. It also has vital number stored in it.

Giez - bit more "dressy" but the resin strap may be ideal for surfing. Plan to wear it as a smartish watch - the black ion strap on the cockpit is starting to wear off making it look a bit scruffy.

#5 ·
My son has a GS1000 all black and wears it when he wants to be presentable :)

It was my first G which I handed down to him.

#6 ·
I have a one year old boy - maybe he'll have mine one day. Not quite the same as a Patek Phillipe but better than nothing!

#7 ·
Congratulations on getting your GIEZ and I hope you enjoy it. I had one for two days and I returned it. It did not ever pick up the atomic signal and the look was not really for me, I found the dial a little to busy for me.

#8 ·
I like these. I have something similar and just use the stopwatch function when I want to see seconds go by with the large hand. I dont care for the little second dial. Normally when I wear it I have the stopwatch on all day b-) kind of fun to watch it go back when I reset it after wearing it.:)

#9 ·
Mody - oh well! I just needs to tell the time and look okay. It's actually arrived and I got it for a BARGAIN too! Better unpack it I guess!

#11 ·
Hmm - how long does it take to charge the average solar watch? I had mine in the sun for a while, got the time set okay but couldn't get the 24 clock right (12 hours out) - it now seems to be doing what it did when I first unpacked it - stopwatch only. Not sure if I'm getting a proper signal here either.

Definitely some teething issues here! I'm sure I'll sort it soon. A lot harder to set up that my other G's!

#12 ·
Just read the manual carefully. Once everything is set correctly, it's basically a great watch which requires very little or no owner input. Mine syncs every night no matter where it's at. I never use the alarm and I very seldom use a timer. So those features aren't that important to me but there when I need them. It stays charged up all the time in any kind of light. Indoors or out. No problem there.

#13 ·
Cheers - I know it's going to be excellent, I just need to work it out - not as intuitive as my other two G's that's all.

It looks fantastic though - right size, pretty smart yet rugged and the movement on it is amazing!

Think I'll give it more "juice" tomorrow then work it all out - I almost got there then think I ran it out (lots of trying to set stuff and failing!)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.