To GIEZ or not to GIEZ...?

Thread: To GIEZ or not to GIEZ...?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

To GIEZ or not to GIEZ...?

I'm on the fence on this G-shock. I'm liking this model but I'm not that convinced yet to pull the trigger on my first analog G. Can you guys post some comments on the GIEZ GS-1001, post pics, reviews, tips etc etc... It will be much appreciated, Thanks!

Re: To GIEZ or not to GIEZ...?

Is it the same module as the G-1000? It looks very similar. If so, Tribe's posted a review of that in the Reviews forum; also I'd suggest reading through the manual carefully to see if it does what you want.

For example, I was surprised to find that my G-1000 couldn't run the stopwatch when you were in any other modes; you have to stop and reset it before moving back to the timekeeping/alarm/WT modes. As I hadn't had a watch like this before, it wasn't something I was expecting.

Here's my take. The GIEZ is a wonderful example of Casio's ability to integrate and bring to market complex technology at an amazing price. It is an extremely well designed and executed watch, handsome and impressive on the wrist.

But, alas, it is too small to be of any real use in the real world beyond indicating the hours and minutes of the day. The dial is a wonderful landscape of small, precise sub-dials that may provide useful information - but you meed a magnifying glass to read 'em!. My GEIZ spends most of it's time on the dresser, not on the wrist.

Casio appears to offer the same technology in a larger package in models like the GW3000. I think that is a better option for someone who actually wants to use the technology these watches provide without having to carry around a jewelers loupe.

What makes this all so sad (for me) is that I really, really do like the GIEZ. It is a crisp, sharp design that is a marvelous meld of analog and digital technologies.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Good comments already given - I'll just add it's a good idea to try it in real life before buying - a watch like this is a lot about touch 'n' feel, speed of the dials and readability.

Personally, I really like the look - on pictures. In real life I find it way too slow and small. Even though I have thin wrists, I find it appears smaller than I like...

Thanks for the comments! I tried reading the pdf manual as Maine suggested and I was quite a bit lost The functions are incredible but needs a little bit of getting used to. Not as intuitive as the digital Gshocks I own, in my opinion.

Thamasio/Brian, I went to the shop to check on the GIEZ and you're both right, it's quite small on the wrist but the details are amazing. The weight is heavy in a positive way, which keeps the watch in place.

I'm still undecided and I hope more of the G-forumers will shed more light on this specific G model. Thanks again!

I'm still thinking of getting it though but I will have to think harder about this.

I dont want to make matters more complicated, but in addition to the Giez, have you had a look at the MTG 1000-1aer or the GW-2000b-1aer.

All lovely watches, all with similar features, and I think it just comes down to personal taste in the end.

I think the dial sizes on all three watches are the same and I find them perfectly readable, although I'm not long sighted....yet!!

Hope this helps??!!

My recommendation would be to go ahead and get it.
    After owning my Giez for 4 days now, i must say it is a really lovely watch...
    it sure does have its shortcomings but the finish of the watch is simply astounding.
    IMO the only analog G's that are absolutely essential in every WIS's collection are the MTG or Giez line.
    I say so cos i own both of them

A Giez shot for you too!

Hope to see you post up some pics of your own Giez in the near future...

Thanks everyone! I bought a couple of Gs just recently and the GIEZ was pushed further down my long list... too bad but I'm pretty sure I'm getting one someday after considering all your inputs!

thanks for the tips and pics, easyjetrider and lungwun!

Quote Originally Posted by lungwun View Post
    My recommendation would be to go ahead and get it.
    After owning my Giez for 4 days now, i must say it is a really lovely watch...
    it sure does have its shortcomings but the finish of the watch is simply astounding.
    IMO the only analog G's that are absolutely essential in every WIS's collection are the MTG or Giez line.
    I say so cos i own both of them

A Giez shot for you too!

Hope to see you post up some pics of your own Giez in the near future...
    just been nosing around the forum stumbled accross thus thread.

i love the giez on the left - the dials seem clearer than other i've seen - what model no. is this one please?

thanks.

Just saw that model selling used here in japan....it used to sell for 16,800yen but with the renewed G Shock trend all stores have raised their used prices to around 23,500yen!
    I did own the G Shock all black version in 2004. It was top notch and used the Oceanus 5 stepper motor at that time! Some very cool features! Of course, no one uses ALL the functions of a G, so .....if you really like the looks and build quality of this older model, and the price is reasonable, then buy it! It is dressy enough for office wear haha!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information