Giez vs MrG

Thread: Giez vs MrG

Giez vs MrG

Recent posts have led me to wonder what is the difference between the two lines. Both comprise a variety of dissimilar models( as opposed to, say, a frogman, which is based on one or a few sets of features) Both have tiitanium cases? Also the mrg1200 and gs300 share basiically the same module. Are there other cases where that is true for a gs and a mrg? Finially, do all these watches have single production runs?

Re: Giez vs MrG

Hey there, I happen to have a GS100 and a MRG 1Z1-MIB, and all in all these watches are pretty much identical. The differences in structure are:The band. The MRG's resin band seems a bit "tougher" and less flexible whereas the Giez's band is a bit softer and more flexible. In addiiton the MRG has a much larger (and more impressive) Titanium clasp that says MRG in large letters. The Giez also sports a titanium clasp with the word Giez, though much smaller than the MRG. As for the case, they are identical (except for color); both are titanium, with the words "G-Shock," and "Titanium" (just like a Frogman). The internal case is laid out a bit differently, with a couple of things worded differently, the Giez says "Data Memory," with a different color writing, the MRG just saysWater Resist 20 Bar. As for features the two are identical save ONE. The Giez actually sports a Auto EL, twist the wrist 40 degrees towards your face (when turned on) and the Indiglo turns on; the MRG does not do this.

I don't have any other Giez Models, I have salivated over the special edition Eric Clapton Giez, but didn't wanna fork up the cash. I paid top dollar for both of these watches and I feel that they are worth it. Very similar in make and model with some minor differences.

Cheers, David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocked
    special edition Eric Clapton Giez
    EC is definitely $$$$

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocked
    Hey there, I happen to have a GS100 and a MRG 1Z1-MIB, and all in all these watches are pretty much identical. The differences in structure are:The band. The MRG's resin band seems a bit "tougher" and less flexible whereas the Giez's band is a bit softer and more flexible. In addiiton the MRG has a much larger (and more impressive) Titanium clasp that says MRG in large letters. The Giez also sports a titanium clasp with the word Giez, though much smaller than the MRG. As for the case, they are identical (except for color); both are titanium, with the words "G-Shock," and "Titanium" (just like a Frogman). The internal case is laid out a bit differently, with a couple of things worded differently, the Giez says "Data Memory," with a different color writing, the MRG just saysWater Resist 20 Bar. As for features the two are identical save ONE. The Giez actually sports a Auto EL, twist the wrist 40 degrees towards your face (when turned on) and the Indiglo turns on; the MRG does not do this.

I don't have any other Giez Models, I have salivated over the special edition Eric Clapton Giez, but didn't wanna fork up the cash. I paid top dollar for both of these watches and I feel that they are worth it. Very similar in make and model with some minor differences.

Cheers, David
    Nice watches. Is that Mr-G titanium? From the picture it looks like it has a resin band? I am a big Mr-G fan. I have the 130-T and am thinking of the 7100-BJ but the price is a bit much, like you said the Eric Clapton GIEZ $$$$$.

Are there MrG models similar to the gs500 and the gs1000?

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Yes - The older GIEZ and MRG are identical, except one say's GIEZ, the other MRG.

ENJOY the photos

All the best - OZZ

Last edited by OZZIE; March 1st, 2006 at 17:47.

Thread Information