Give me compass, direction, a second hand and illuminate! Just released GA-1000 delivers it all
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Give me compass, direction, a second hand and illuminate! Just released GA-1000 delivers it all

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Give me compass, direction, a second hand and illuminate! Just released GA-1000 delivers it all

Possibly even more groundbreaking than GD-350, is the February 21st release, one of a kind G aviator GA-1000. This one immediately grabbed my attention while browsing through February models a few weeks ago. See, I've been waiting for an ana-digi G with a second hand for many years and finally Casio delivers it in this big, easy-to-read package with an intriguingly cool "neon" lighting.

My first aviator arrived at my door earlier today and was unboxed this evening. Let's take a photo stroll through that unboxing.

A featherweight giant of a box from land of Godzilla

...Opened. What do we have here?!

Looks like the watch box has torn free of its immobilizing shrink wrap in transit

The glossy apparition of anticipation

Tightly wrapped Japanese manual box topper

Warm leatherette

Fun, fun, fun!

The closer you get...

...The funner it gets

And with the lights out...

The roof just blows...

Right off

We having...

Fun yet?

Just...

Making...

Sure

INTERNATIONAL

GA-1000-2A

TWIN SENSOR
    This new model is the first in the Gravity Defier lineup to be equipped with digital compass capabilities, creating a watch that is perfectly matched to the needs of the modern aviator, both in terms of function and appearance. Pressing the 9 o'clock button in any mode immediately goes to the Digital Compass Mode, and a button at 8 o'clock returns to the mode you were in before the Digital Compass Mode. Continual direction readings can be taken for 20 seconds, during which the second hand points to north, a literal direction indicator is displayed in the upper display, and a direction angle value is displayed in the lower display. Bearing Memory lets you temporarily store and display a direction reading so you can use it as a reference as you take subsequent digital compass readings. Other features include temperature measurement, large numerals, and thick hands for easy reading. A coating on the tip of the second hand and minute markers reacts with the black light illumination of the watch for easy reading in the dark.

[Neon Illuminator (Blacklight LED)]
    The ultraviolet LED offers safety corresponding to the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standard for Class 1M.
    However, an optical lens such as a magnifying glass must not be used for direct viewing of the ultraviolet light source.
    * The appearance of Neon Illuminator illumination depends the watch model.

COLOR VARIATIONS

• Shock Resistant
    • Mineral Glass / Spherical Glass
    • 200-meter water resistance
    • Case / bezel material: Resin / Stainless steel
    • Resin Band
    • Neon Illuminator (Black light LED)
      Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration, afterglow
    • Digital compass (NORTH)
      Hand indication of north (20 seconds continuous measurement)
      Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points
      Measuring range: 0 to 359°
      Measuring unit: 1°
      Bidirectional calibration
      Magnetic declination correction
      Bearing memory
    • Thermometer
      Display range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
      Display unit: 0.1°C (2°F)
    • World time
      31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), city code display, daylight saving on/off
    • 1/100-second stopwatch
      Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99''
      Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
    • Countdown timer
      Measuring unit: 1 second
      Countdown range: 60 minutes
      Countdown start time setting range: 1 to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
    • 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
    • Hourly time signal
    • Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
    • 12/24-hour format
    • Button operation tone on/off
    • Regular timekeeping
      Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second)
      Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
    • Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
    • Approx. battery life: 2 years on SR927W × 2
    • Size of case/total weight: 50.8 X 52.1 X 16.6 mm/85 g
    • LED:Neon Illuminator (Blacklight LED)

© 2013 CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD.

Chrisek, Feisar, andyahs and 8 others like this.

Re: Give me compass, direction, a second hand and illuminate! Just released GA-1000 delivers it all

wow, what a light show!! cool compass and bearing functions…..i like that it has a lot of functions not included in the more expensive aviators…..BUT i just have to find a way to get over the sad frowny face
    rza1069 and J.Harris like this.

Re: Give me compass, direction, a second hand and illuminate! Just released GA-1000 delivers it all

Lovely pics! But i have to agree with Vade_R. Might spring for the black one as it doesn't contrast too much.
    rza1069 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can't decide whether Casio are serious with that light show.

Are they all multicoloured?

Hmmm I like the seemingly metal frame scheme (middle thumbnail) but I dunno. A little disappointed by the Fast n Furious light show.

Sent via Tapatalk
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Nice Airwatch! Hope you enjoy it! The features on it are very cool, and i enjoy the lights.

1. Considering how thorough this is, you might want to copy it to the "Reviews" section.

2. Also report it in "February Purchases".

:beer:
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

LUW

The Sad Shock!
    Definitively going to my to buy list. Congrats man, it looks great!
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Nice Airwatch! Hope you enjoy it! The features on it are very cool, and i enjoy the lights.

:beer:

I hope you won't go getting any ideas re lights on your Scoobie sir. However a big G-Shock sticker down the side doors might be the way forward ;-p
    Chrisek likes this.

Am less sceptic about this model thanks to you pictures, Airwatch: great job and gratz of course! Is your model greyish like the RAF or more black?

The lighting is ace!!!
    Will have to see the others IRL, cuz the white dial and normal displays are a bit loud for my taste...

This place is going to get me in 'trouble': When sering this model, I thought that's a straight no go... Now... Hmm...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Definitely not my cup of tea, maybe the black model would be more to my liking....

Awesome review as usual nonetheless, with world class pictures Have fun !

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

That compass (?) dial looks like the old CND sign too doesn't it?

Attachment 990084

I have looked again at these images and this model, and come back to what I said somewhere else. What do the ProTrek guys think I wonder?

Something tells me there's gonna be some inter-departmental sniping going on.

But I DO know that I'd run those batteries flat playing with those lights, I just know it!!
    Last edited by CanonMan; February 28th, 2013 at 14:11.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information