Gls-5600v-1

Thread: Gls-5600v-1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Gls-5600v-1

    What's the verdict, yay or nay?


  2. #2
    Member baba838's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitakyushu
    Posts
    105

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    WOW..."shock"ing pink

  3. #3
    Member dirkdiggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815
    Posts
    1,023

    Cool Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    What's the verdict, yay or nay?
    Personally, I'm in the "nay" camp on the GLS models. I greatly prefer the GLX models. I don't like pink, and I don't like the straps on the GLS models. By contrast, I think the GLX straps are the coolest straps of any 5600 model. The GLX models also have the only tide/moon graphs that I like (not that I have any real use for such things).

    But if you like it, buy it. Only your opinion really matters.

    "I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    300

    Thumbs Down Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    Personally, I'm in the "nay" camp on the GLS models. I greatly prefer the GLX models. I don't like pink, and I don't like the straps on the GLS models. By contrast, I think the GLX straps are the coolest straps of any 5600 model. The GLX models also have the only tide/moon graphs that I like (not that I have any real use for such things).

    But if you like it, buy it. Only your opinion really matters.

    Im in the nay catergory to Dirk, Pink on tough hard working watches don't work for me.
    I guess it's that old saying that applies here, ' one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.'

  6. #5
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by baba838 View Post
    WOW..."shock"ing pink
    That's weird, I always thought of it more as purple or magenta. Dunno...



  7. #6
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by lawrie124 View Post
    Im in the nay catergory to Dirk, Pink on tough hard working watches don't work for me.
    I guess it's that old saying that applies here, ' one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.'
    Yeah I don't like pink either, but I guess I just thought the reverse display looked interesting. Now that you guys have pointed it out, I can't stop noticing the "pink" lettering.

  8. #7
    Member Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    This one (and the other two in the series) don't really do it for me. The colors just aren't quite my taste.

    I do like the GLS-5600X-6 though:

  9. #8
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I do like the GLS-5600X-6 though:
    It'd be cool if they had a reverse display of this one.

  10. #9
    Member Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    It'd be cool if they had a reverse display of this one.
    Or maybe a reversed colored one like on the Crazy Colors, with mirrored digits? That might look better too.

    I really want to like this series, but even the In4mation one isn't quite right for me. But that's just me. I wonder is this series is going to develop into many more models.

  11. #10
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,397

    Re: Gls-5600v-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Or maybe a reversed colored one like on the Crazy Colors, with mirrored digits? That might look better too.

    I really want to like this series, but even the In4mation one isn't quite right for me. But that's just me. I wonder is this series is going to develop into many more models.
    You know, Riley, I have the same feeling. There just seems to be something "missing" from this series. Same with the GLXs, too. Can't quite put my finger on it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •