GLX-5600 battery question.

Thread: GLX-5600 battery question.

Question GLX-5600 battery question.

This is my first post, so hello all.

In early January I grabbed a GLX-5600 as my watches were getting bashed around at times, so thought this was ideal. However after a short while I noticed that the screen was fading when a button was held, I put this down to it being a relatively cheap watch. A few days ago the battery died completely, I've since read that the fading screen was due to a low battery.

I debated sending the watch back as it was 3 months old, but couldn't be bothered; I've now replaced the battery with a fresh one (after fighting with a sticker sticking the battery to the retainer clip! )

I now have a couple of questions. The 'dead' battery was at 2.95V, which seems fairly high to me. This, combined with a 3 month old watch, which claims to have a 7 year battery life, requiring a new battery makes me slightly suspicious about the watch.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
    Damasko DA36
    Traser P6504 Orange Diver
    Orient Mako XL Blue (FEM75002DW)

Seiko Titanium Alarm Chrono (7T32-0AC0)
    G Shock GLX-5600-7ER White
    Timex Expedition Compass (Almost Broken)

Re: GLX-5600 battery question.

The output voltage isn't always a good reference about the charge condition of a single cell. Sometimes the voltage is acceptable but the output amperage is low, meaning that the cell cannot give enough electrons even with fair potential difference between the poles.

For a CR2025, 2.95V is almost the brand new condition output voltage. Are you sure the voltimeter/multimeter is measuring with enough precision?
    | Citizen Eco-Drive CA0361-04A |
    | Seiko Sportura Ana-Digi SNJ019P |
    | Casio G-Shock G-5500TS-8ER |
    | Swatch Irony Chronograph Blue Aluminium YCN4000AG
    Golf |
    | Timex Ironman 30 lap Shock T5K434 |

Re: GLX-5600 battery question.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have heard that batteries can 'sag' under load, I guess this could be happening but I have no way of telling really.

The multimeter is inexpensive, but it's been fairly accurate with my Li-Ions which I use regularly, so I don't think it's too far off. However, I can't be sure. I can test it with a Fluke multimeter on Monday, so I'll certainly see what that says. Do you know what the power/current draw on this watch is? I could test possibly test that out if i had something to work to.
    Damasko DA36
    Traser P6504 Orange Diver
    Orient Mako XL Blue (FEM75002DW)

Seiko Titanium Alarm Chrono (7T32-0AC0)
    G Shock GLX-5600-7ER White
    Timex Expedition Compass (Almost Broken)

Thread Information