Glx-5600b
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glx-5600b

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Glx-5600b

Is this a good one?! Or more of a "Standard - G-Shock"? It is supposed to be my next present...but want to get a little more information before I buy it.

Name:  GLX_5600B_8ER.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  23.6 KB
    Cheers
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Re: Glx-5600b

They're all "good" ones, but I would say that this is more of a standard model. Personally I'm not a fan of the size of the5600s, but I've always liked the looks of this one. The GLX5600 has a very good module in it with the addition of a tide graph and moon phase indicator. And I really like the color scheme. Wear it in good health!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

This is exactly why I like the watch, because of the Yacht-Timing, the moon phase indicator and the tide graph. I do sailing in my free time...so this is quite useful....and the watch costs 39,- EUR + 6,90 shipping.
    Cheers
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

3,2,1...Meins! :D ;) Just got one through Ebay. Unbeatable price.
    It will be there in two or three days. Will post some pics as soon as the new G arrived..........I need a psychologist. 2 days in this forum and addicted to it... I have some real issues. :D
    Cheers

Congrats! I'm sure there will be more to follow. Welcome aboard the Crazy Train!

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Tell me one thing, please: What do you mean by "it has a good module"? Can you explain what´s the difference between a good module and a not so good one?!
    I mean, in the mechanical watch business you have clear lines: complications, no complication, standard movement, "elaboree-quality", Top-quality, and COSC certified movements. How do you grade a Quartz movement, except for the quality of the electronic parts used?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bellonautomatic84 View Post
    Tell me one thing, please: What do you mean by "it has a good module"? Can you explain what´s the difference between a good module and a not so good one?!
    Where G-Shocks are concerned "it has a good module" can be a very subjective statement. It tends to consist of the most useful functions for the person commending it. What may be useful for one person may not be much use to another. I don't have much use for a tide-graph, moon-phase or atimeter but I like countdown timers, stopwatches and world time so in my opinion an MT-G900 has "a good module" as it's very simple with crisp clear digits. As I've said, it's a very subjective statement and yes I have also used it before to describe a G-Shock.
    Last edited by dobber72; December 7th, 2011 at 09:06.

when discussing the "module" in a digital watch, all he means is how many things you can use the watch for. some watches have very simple modules, meaning only a few features and not much you can use the watch for. a good module is a watch with lots of functions and options. the watch you posted has great features, meaning the module is sophisticated.

Okay. Thank you for clarifying. I was just wondering, because I just knew the grades for mechanical movements.
    But it makes sense, that a digital watch with more features is a "better" module than a simple one. Got it.
    Cheers

Big fan of the 5600 here though i always go for the Tough Solar versions

the1hatman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information