GMN-550-7CJR Arrival/Unboxing!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mhammer8
  • 1 Post By Mecha-Shock
  • 1 Post By JonL
  • 1 Post By ccm123

Thread: GMN-550-7CJR Arrival/Unboxing!

GMN-550-7CJR Arrival/Unboxing!

My wife's G-Shock Mini GMN-550-7CJR arrived yesterday from OGT-Clan in Japan. Highly recommend dealing with them too, BTW. Best price i saw on this cool, original model by far.

It came in a cool Mini-G exclusive box. Even the little plastic stand is undersized! All the paperwork is in Japanese, as it's a JDM-only model. It really DOES look like a semi-opaque jellyfish. As you can see, they added plastic button pushers over the normal metal studs, and they have little traction treads on them. They actually DO make the buttons much easier to find and push.

For color illustration. The fit and finish on this is great. The case is marked Thailand and the band is marked China. The watch case really meshes well into the bezel and its solid white shows through the clear.

Clearer shot of the display. It's running a 3126 module, which is pretty streamlined and easy to use. And they left the backlight button in the correct upper right position, which automatically makes me love it better than my 1545s It has 4 alarms, snooze button, and as you can see a very streamlined day/date display. I like it.

Speaking of backlights, this little guy has a REALLY relaxing cool blue EL light. It didn't show up 100% in this pic, but it illuminates the numbers more than the background, like the negative displays' EL lights do. Not sure how they did this on a regular display. It looks really relaxing and light though.

Band is double-clasped and super durable looking, even though it's small.

The back.

Next to the venerable 5600c for size comparison. Casio claims the G-Shock Mini is 70% the size of the 5600 series exactly. It doesn't show in the pix, but the Mini really IS much, much smaller. On my 5 foot tall wife's wrist it looks exactly like the 5600c looks on my gigantic arm. It's really perfect for her and she didn't want to take it off for pictures even! The module is pretty simple, reminds me of a pre-G Casio digital, and she's already mastered it even thought it's her first Casio.
    All in all, very happy with this unit and should carry her a long time. It looks great, it works great, and while expensive for a small square it's really unique and I can't imagine seeing someone else with one. Thanks for reading!
    Rabbit987 and demon2360 like this.

Re: GMN-550-7CJR Arrival/Unboxing!

Thanks for posting the pics. I hope she will enjoy it!!!
    mhammer8 likes this.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Congrats! Looks pretty cool - glad she likes it!
    mhammer8 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys! It's been a good first day...she still loves it and is using its functions. Reminds me of getting my first Casio in 1985 or so :)

Hope my wife doesn't see this great review. She got her NOS Baby Seaman today and already showed me a pic of the Married to the Mob Baby G as her "next" one. What have I done? One WIS in the house is bad enough!!!

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Hope my wife doesn't see this great review. She got her NOS Baby Seaman today and already showed me a pic of the Married to the Mob Baby G as her "next" one. What have I done? One WIS in the house is bad enough!!!

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas

Thanks! Yeah, there's nothing you can do...once it gets hold, the sickness reigns :)

Congrats!
    mhammer8 likes this.

I think I will have to find one for my wife . nice find !

A much belated update... the timer worked fine a few weeks after I originally posted this. This was the official Contraction Timing Instrument for the birth of our daughter 3 weeks after I posted this review :) The Mini G survived the rigors of labor and is still in service, scratch and scuff free even today. Still recommend this model !

Thread Information