GMW-B5000 & GW-B5600 - Short comparison and thoughts...
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Everdying
  • 1 Post By Mr.Jones82

Thread: GMW-B5000 & GW-B5600 - Short comparison and thoughts...

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,139

    GMW-B5000 & GW-B5600 - Short comparison and thoughts...

    so yea, i recently got these 2...
    and if casio are to be believed, the 2 are essentially the same just with 1 being metal and the other resin...
    while the functionality of the modules are the same, they obviously have different module numbers which is likely due to do the B5000 having a STN-LCD...and head-on, the B5000 does have better contrast.
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  284.7 KB


    now STN-LCD has been touted to have better viewing angles...yet i can't see any obvious difference between the LCDs.
    so perhaps casio has also improved on the regular LCDs.
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  221.3 KB


    They both basically taper to a 20mm clasp, and both are pretty comfortable...ignoring construction differences.
    Resizing the bracelet on the B5600 actually is easier due to the springbar access from the back of the bracelet, whereas on the B5000 its a push-thru from the side...and trying to gauge how deep to push in to release the spring bar takes a few attempts.
    Name:  003.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  283.8 KB


    Very little difference here, specs say both are basically 13mm thick anyway.
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  222.2 KB


    Now the main issue i read of for the B5000 is weight?
    Well, after resizing to my 6.5" wrist, it just borders at 150 grams...and for being a bracelet guy it actually isnt that heavy...though not exactly light.
    In comparison, a seiko tuna and sumo are about 20 grams heavier, and the GST-S330 on bracelet is 10 grams heavier.

    and yes, it was born on all-hallows eve :P
    Name:  005.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  221.1 KB


    So apart from the difference in contrast of the LCDs...
    another very obvious difference is in the loudness of the beeps with the B5600 being quite loud, while the B5000 is a meek kitten...
    best guess is the full metal case is muffling the beeps...

    Anyway there is a place for both in any collection......

  2. #2
    Member Mr.Jones82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,791
    Thanks for the comparison! I have the gw-b5600 and love it, but I still really want a gmw-b5000.Name:  20190329_202426_1553858740043.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  333.5 KB I want the steel version. It is a bit blingy, but that is what intrigues me about it. I’ve never owned a blingy, dressy digital watch. I’d love to get one, just need to find a trusted source online.
    Which do you find yourself wearing more?
    Last edited by Mr.Jones82; March 29th, 2019 at 13:26.
    sirgilbert357 likes this.
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV225, SBGV205, SBGT241
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    Seiko: Blue Coral Monster
    Casio Oceanus : OCW-S100
    G Shock: GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-1, GX-56BB, GW-B5600

  3. #3
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,139
    i only recently got the 2 within the week, so the both are actually still sitting by the window waiting to be fully charged.
    best guess is another 3-4 days to go.

    but i can see myself wearing the resin more if i was to go on holidays, cos of it having louder beeps and by default louder alarms.

    the metal, while being black isn't as blingy, yet still has some bling factor to it... so can still be a good everyday piece even in office.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,355

    Re: GMW-B5000 & GW-B5600 - Short comparison and thoughts...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones82 View Post
    Thanks for the comparison! I have the gw-b5600 and love it, but I still really want a gmw-b5000.Name:  20190329_202426_1553858740043.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  333.5 KB I want the steel version. It is a bit blingy, but that is what intrigues me about it. I’ve never owned a blingy, dressy digital watch. I’d love to get one, just need to find a trusted source online.
    Which do you find yourself wearing more?
    Macy's was having a sale on them. Code "VIP" gave 25% off. Got mine for 375.00 shipped (well, there's taxes too, but...). The code is expired now, but if you go to their main website from a computer, they have a promo where if you download their app on your phone, you get 25% off your first order....
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

  6. #5
    Member Bakulimaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    390

    Re: GMW-B5000 & GW-B5600 - Short comparison and thoughts...

    Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post

    So apart from the difference in contrast of the LCDs...
    another very obvious difference is in the loudness of the beeps with the B5600 being quite loud, while the B5000 is a meek kitten...
    best guess is the full metal case is muffling the beeps....
    Just got the silver SS square and noticed that too.

  7. #6
    Member Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    somewhere in USA
    Posts
    3,360

    Re: GMW-B5000 & GW-B5600 - Short comparison and thoughts...

    Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    so yea, i recently got these 2...
    and if casio are to be believed, the 2 are essentially the same just with 1 being metal and the other resin...
    while the functionality of the modules are the same, they obviously have different module numbers which is likely due to do the B5000 having a STN-LCD...and head-on, the B5000 does have better contrast.
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  284.7 KB


    now STN-LCD has been touted to have better viewing angles...yet i can't see any obvious difference between the LCDs.
    so perhaps casio has also improved on the regular LCDs.
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  221.3 KB


    They both basically taper to a 20mm clasp, and both are pretty comfortable...ignoring construction differences.
    Resizing the bracelet on the B5600 actually is easier due to the springbar access from the back of the bracelet, whereas on the B5000 its a push-thru from the side...and trying to gauge how deep to push in to release the spring bar takes a few attempts.
    Name:  003.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  283.8 KB


    Very little difference here, specs say both are basically 13mm thick anyway.
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  222.2 KB


    Now the main issue i read of for the B5000 is weight?
    Well, after resizing to my 6.5" wrist, it just borders at 150 grams...and for being a bracelet guy it actually isnt that heavy...though not exactly light.
    In comparison, a seiko tuna and sumo are about 20 grams heavier, and the GST-S330 on bracelet is 10 grams heavier.

    and yes, it was born on all-hallows eve
    Name:  005.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  221.1 KB


    So apart from the difference in contrast of the LCDs...
    another very obvious difference is in the loudness of the beeps with the B5600 being quite loud, while the B5000 is a meek kitten...
    best guess is the full metal case is muffling the beeps...

    Anyway there is a place for both in any collection......
    In theory the components are almost identical (as stated above) I think it's because one is encased in a solid metal case which doesn't allows sounds to resonate well.. on the other hand the resin let's it pass thru easily (again as stated above). Scientific minds coming to conclusion.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 593
      Last Post: 1 Day Ago, 21:40
    2. FAKE ALERT! GMW-B5000 Gold and Silver versions
      By Watari in forum Fake G-Shock Report
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: May 12th, 2019, 16:00
    3. 3459/3461 module GW-B5600/GMW-B5000 tutorial
      By Marrin in forum Articles & Tutorials
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: December 19th, 2018, 17:04
    4. Replies: 5
      Last Post: November 28th, 2018, 13:49
    5. GMW-B5000: Display Clarity and Other Notes
      By powerband in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: June 15th, 2018, 09:45

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •