GMW B5000 Manual Atomic Sync?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: GMW B5000 Manual Atomic Sync?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GMW B5000 Manual Atomic Sync?

Just got my GMW B5000 yesterday and love it. I know you can use the app to sync the time on the watch, but I don't think I'll be using the app much going forward. I explored it a bit and it's fine, I just don't care about the features it offers. Since it runs in the background constantly and uses a bit of battery life, I decided to force quit the app. Since doing so, my watch hasn't synced with MB6. I know it won't sync with the app over bluetooth when the app has been closed via force quitting, but why wouldn't it have synced with MB6 last night? It's possible I just didn't get a good enough signal last night, so is there a way to trigger a manual sync with MB6 like on other watches (the Rangeman 9400 for example)?

I have looked online and tried downloading the manual from Casio and G Central, but the pdf never loads. If there is no other way to force an MB6 sync, then I guess I'll just let it try to do one automatically each night (assuming it is actually TRYING) and if it never works, I can just use the app once a week to sync it or something and then force quit out of it.

Also, a minor complaint: Kind of disappointed that you have to use the app to see the battery life and the only indicator you get on the watch is a "LOW" when it gets really low. Not a huge deal though, still love the watch...

EDIT: In case it matters, I have not deleted the pairing or done a reset on the watch. Maybe if the watch knows it is paired with a device it automatically opts out of trying for MB6 syncs?
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Re: GMW B5000 Manual Atomic Sync?

As the manual states the watch will not normally receive a signal if connected to a phone but will attempt to auto recieve if not connected for more than one day.

https://support.casio.com/storage/en...009/qw3459.pdf

https://support.casio.com/global/en/...Yaijdujes.html
    sirgilbert357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    As the manual states the watch will not normally receive a signal if connected to a phone but will attempt to auto recieve if not connected for more than one day.

https://support.casio.com/storage/en...009/qw3459.pdf

https://support.casio.com/global/en/...Yaijdujes.html
    Thank you! I knew I would find the answer in the manual, but it just wouldn't load for me. I just kept getting page timeout errors. In fact, your links there won't open for me either. Oh well.

So, now for the other question: is there a way to trigger a manual sync with MB6?
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As mine cannot sync easily with the smartphone it sync with MB6.
    But there is a but, even if it's successfully synced with the MB6 it will attempt again with the bluetooth.

So mine sync with radio and the "Received" icon is erased by further useless BT attempts...

So the watch is perfectly on time but I got no way to check when it has been sync by MB6 successfully. But it does it !

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo_Sandman View Post
    As mine cannot sync easily with the smartphone it sync with MB6.
    But there is a but, even if it's successfully synced with the MB6 it will attempt again with the bluetooth.

So mine sync with radio and the "Received" icon is erased by further useless BT attempts...

So the watch is perfectly on time but I got no way to check when it has been sync by MB6 successfully. But it does it !
    That's interesting. I noticed right after I force quit the app, the "RCVD" icon disappeared from the watch too. But I wasn't too concerned because I had synced it twice in an hour just playing with it already. I have to be honest, I kind of wish the app integration didn't change the way the watch functions. A full metal GW-5000-1JF would have been perfect -- and if they wanted to add on the app features too, fine. But the functionality of this watch would be better in my opinion if it were just like the GW-5000 (but with the app functions as a bonus). Instead, having the app seems to have changed the functionality just enough that I like it a little less.

Hmmm....maybe I just need to get a GW-5000-1JF with a composite bracelet too now, LOL.

EDIT: Maybe if we delete the pairing and reset the watch, it won't erase the "RCVD" from the display because of the useless BT sync attempts? I'm going to try leaving the watch paired, but the app in the "Force Quit" state and see if it syncs with MB6...if it does, it will be interesting to see if the "RCVD" stays on the screen or not. And then maybe I can duplicate this experiment after deleting the app from my phone and resetting the watch. If it thinks it's never had a pairing, maybe the behavior and display will be different.
    Nemo_Sandman and brandon\ like this.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

It works flawlessly and the module of the GWB5000 is much better (bigger buttons and time display in timer and stopwatch modes).
    I just trust it and it always on time. That's how it should work and it works great no worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo_Sandman View Post
    It works flawlessly and the module of the GWB5000 is much better (bigger buttons and time display in timer and stopwatch modes).
    I just trust it and it always on time. That's how it should work and it works great no worry.
    You have a very good point about the bigger buttons and the time being displayed in the other modes. I forgot about that...

Would be cool if future modules had BT connectivity and would allow you to customize features like that to your liking. It would be cool to shuffle things around a bit. I'd put the stopwatch as the first mode after the time display mode instead of having to go past the world time and alarm modes to get to it! That would be awesome.
    Nemo_Sandman likes this.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

I'm still wondering if there is a way to force a manual MB6 sync on this watch. If anyone knows for sure if this is possible or not, please post it here for our collective benefit.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Manual Time Signal Receive
    1. Place the watch near a window or some other location appropriate for time signal reception.
    2. Enter the Timekeeping Mode.
    3. Hold down (D) for about two seconds. Release the button after [RCVD] starts flashing.
    This indicates that time signal reception has started.
    GaryK30 likes this.

I found that some firewalls didn’t like Casio guides for some reason so have a hunt round for it at another source or see if a chum can download it for you.
    sirgilbert357 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information