Go to Sears, now folks.
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Go to Sears, now folks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Go to Sears, now folks.

Went today to the mall to put some more money on my frog on layaway. We stopped in Sears to see what was going on as this one is, slated for closure. I was expecting deals and mark downs all over.... Nada. Prices were like any holiday sale. I was, looking at their not so great selection of Casio's and G's. There was one I wanted to look at so the clerk comes over and I'm looking and we start chatting. She was, new to the dept and was interested in Casio's and we talked and I kinda looked at the price of the watch and said it was nice. Then I mentioned that I really needed the stand it was on. She says I can sell you some. I casually ask how much, and my ears rang as, my eyes almost popped out of my head (according to Mrs Wit) when se said "A dollar each". I ask how many did they have. Out comes a box and we assembled 31 and a few parts.

I then look at the price of the watch figuring I should buy it. Now remember I just kinda glanced at the price. I say out loud that I thought I saw $99.99, but in fact it's 199.99. The clerk leans, in, and says, I can do $99, it going on close out in 2 week or so, and I already found another job. I immediately say ring it up. Mrs Wit says I did the right thing buying the watch, but can't understand how I get so lucky. I retort, started the day met you babe. - - safe for what is coming next.

OK, enough rambling... Pics

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Re: Go to Sears, now folks.

me likey chronos
    Steelerswit likes this.
    http://veteranswatchmakerinitiative.org/
    Training Combat Disabled Vets to become Watchmakers
    https://www.gofundme.com/VWIBulova

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Went today to the mall to put some more money on my frog on layaway. We stopped in Sears to see what was going on as this one is, slated for closure. I was expecting deals and mark downs all over.... Nada. Prices were like any holiday sale. I was, looking at their not so great selection of Casio's and G's. There was one I wanted to look at so the clerk comes over and I'm looking and we start chatting. She was, new to the dept and was interested in Casio's and we talked and I kinda looked at the price of the watch and said it was nice. Then I mentioned that I really needed the stand it was on. She says I can sell you some. I casually ask how much, and my ears rang as, my eyes almost popped out of my head (according to Mrs Wit) when se said "A dollar each". I ask how many did they have. Out comes a box and we assembled 31 and a few parts.

I then look at the price of the watch figuring I should buy it. Now remember I just kinda glanced at the price. I say out loud that I thought I saw $99.99, but in fact it's 199.99. The clerk leans, in, and says, I can do $99, it going on close out in 2 week or so, and I already found another job. I immediately say ring it up. Mrs Wit says I did the right thing buying the watch, but can't understand how I get so lucky. I retort, started the day met you babe. - - safe for what is coming next.

OK, enough rambling... Pics

Wow was one mate congratulations. You my friend are one lucky person a few times I've known you to be in the right place at the right time

Yay Graduated to G-Shock Padawan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mrs Wit said, as we were talking about it to my son, that she saw my reaction, it was quick and then I was back to casual shopper. She can read me and said it was something she picked up on but to quick for the clerk to notice. Saw those stands for sale recently on fleabay for $7 each. So yeah, I am a lucky SOB.

I guess talking to people professionally and setting them at ease to get information from them helps too. First rule, get them talking, you listen. That way they feel important and in control, but you simply steer the conversation. Second rule, be friendly. At that time, nothing else matters. Don't look at your phone, or other distractions.

Works the same way if you are in sales. Simple psychology 101.

Call Sign - Wit
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Don't know if you have this expression stateside, but, you are one jammy bast**d! LOL
    Steelerswit and Drunken_Munki like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

My Sears isn't closing!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet watch. But you could have had solar and sapphire for only $20 more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-Edifi...V/273497588050
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    Sweet watch. But you could have had solar and sapphire for only $20 more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-Edifi...V/273497588050
    But I got 32 of these for a buck each

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183412623554

Drunken_Munki and brandon\ like this.
    Call Sign - Wit

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    ...The clerk leans, in, and says, I can do $99, it going on close out in 2 week or so, and I already found another job...

Me thinks that you were unwittingly complicit is a bit of "inventory shrinkage". The comment about "I already found another job" indicates to me that you got an unauthorized discount.

While you may not have asked for a discount, it certainly seems like you got an unauthorized discount and that clerk deserves to be terminated immediately - and - depending on the state, should be criminally charged.

I spent 15 years working in the JAG office for the PX in Europe (most people don't know that the PX is a military command) and cashiers giving friends (or strangers) unauthorized discounts is not that unusual - and in the PX, each got fired, charged by the local authorities if local employees, sent to court martial if military or sent back to the US with their sponsor if a dependent.

Nice watch though.
    Phreddo likes this.

Well, I could have gone for the Armitron's, marked 90% off.

It could have been, or they were told to close the deal, here is how far you can go and she was using psychology on me. Perhaps I could have gotten 60 off. Judging by the amount of people in there, I think they would sell anything for what ever they could get. It was a ghost town.

They are giving 100% sears bucks on all purchases as, well. Plus 50% points for online purchases with in-store purchase code on receipts. It smells of desperation in there.

Phreddo likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information