Going to try a fake Riseman

Thread: Going to try a fake Riseman

Going to try a fake Riseman

I need a watch to put on my new Ebike that I can velcro on while riding and easily remove when I park, I though I'd try out an $8 Riseman from China's TaoBao (eBay); the display looks legible enough to be readable while riding. When it arrives, I'll post some images with my findings. I'll remove the band and add self adhesive velcro to attach it to the gauges on the bike. Maybe if the band is decent resin, I'll give it a spin on my AW-591.

Last edited by Dick Jagger; December 18th, 2009 at 14:27.

Re: Going to try a fake Riseman

Interesting bike. I've just spent 30 minutes reading all about them on the web.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Is it really "Tough Solar"? Does it actually have the full functions of a Riseman? If it did what a steal it would be for 8 bucks!

There's no place like home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stratoshocker View Post
    Is it really "Tough Solar"? Does it actually have the full functions of a Riseman? If it did what a steal it would be for 8 bucks!
    I seriously doubt it has the Riseman's specialized functions.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Suspended

I'm all about saving money and being economically frugal and I know it is an experiement and as such not worth spending lots of money, but but should we be supporting fakers and counterfiters?

certainlyl nothing personal, I hope the experiment ends up the way you like it, but just philosophically, something just doesn't feel right about this.

like I said, good luck with the project and thanks for listening to one person's point of view (fueled by lots of coffee)

Quote Originally Posted by rockmastermike View Post
    I know it is an experiement and as such not worth spending lots of money, but but should we be supporting fakers and counterfiters?
    We should not. WUS has a strong policy against the promotion of fakes. We allow posts that are essentially warnings, but anything that suggests fakes might be a good idea will be deleted. That would include using bands or bezels as parts for genuine watches.

I thought this thread was borderline, but on reflection it crosses the line. I'll close it rather than delete it so that this post can be seen.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information