Good deal for GW700A vs. everyday price for DW5600?

Thread: Good deal for GW700A vs. everyday price for DW5600?

Question Good deal for GW700A vs. everyday price for DW5600?

I cruise the Deal of the Day sites, and noticed one on Shnoop.com for a GW700A:

http://www.shnoop.com/

As I understand it, it is a solar/ atomic watch that seems a bit large for some people's tastes. It's being offered for $40, which seems indeed to be a pretty good price.

I've just about decided to get my first G-shock, and had been eyeing the classic DW5600. I've been thinking about this mainly for times when I want a true beater watch, and don't have to worry or baby the watch. I'm not likely to wear this as much as my others (so I say now!) and don't really think that I'm needing all the specialized functions of some of the higher end G's. Just want something subtle, not too big, that I can throw on and not think much about. The solar and atomic features of the GW700 are appealing especially at this price point, but I'm not sure if this is overkill for me. I can find the DW5600 locally for around $40-$55, so the price isn't necessarily that different between the two.

Any suggestions/ recommendations?
    Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

Re: Good deal for GW700A vs. everyday price for DW5600?

Well, since it's at the same price range, just get whichever that you think looks better?

Or, 2nd option, get this first (since it's time limited), and then the DW5600 later!

I just bought this watch. Thanks. Also have a DW5600E from Amazon on the way.

This is the second watch I bought from shnoop.com. The Bulova Marine Star I bought from them earlier was brand new.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by strangex2 View Post
    Or, 2nd option, get this first (since it's time limited), and then the DW5600 later!
    My wife hates you all . Is it any wonder that I'm buying WAAYYY too many watches recently?
    Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

Mine was shipped already. Just got the e-mail from shnoop.

This will be my first g shock, the FAQ's on shnoop (lack of returns) scared me, but tried it anyways. Ordered at 2am and sent 12 hours later.
    Sector ADV 4500 Chronograph
    Sector 550 Chronograph
    Invicta 8926
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Marathon J-Sar
    Casio GW-700A-9VCR
    Casio GW-6900-1cr
    Casio GW-7900B-1cr
    Casio PAG80-1V
    Casio GX56-1B

Congrats on your first . . . and second G-Shock

. . . and welcome to the G-Madness!

Guess its time for me to grab a dw5600 as well, problem is its way too expensive here in our country compared to the US$36 offered by Amazon

I just received this watch (GW700A) and it is my first G-Shock. Everything was already set so I suspect it was a return item. The funny thing was that the last sync was yesterday when it was in transit.

Anyway, it looks new and everything works. I did a manual sync and it worked fine.

It is a bit hard to read under low light condition but I guess that is true for all digital displays. However the auto EL feature is great. It senses the light condition and won't turn on if there is enough light.

Overall, I think $47 (with S&H) is a good deal for this watch.

Thanks OP.

Now waiting for Amazon's DW5600E. It was shipped the same day as this one but the (free) Amazon shipping is slow.
    Last edited by loubapache; September 5th, 2009 at 02:09.

I received my g shock yesterday, and it was set already, I guess due to being atomic, it was synced at 2:03am that morning. The manual sync resulted in an error, but in the morning it received the signal at 5am and it was a full level 4 G in the circle. Quick shipment from Shnoop, now checking the site daily. Set it in the sun for a couple hours and am close to high charge.
    Sector ADV 4500 Chronograph
    Sector 550 Chronograph
    Invicta 8926
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Marathon J-Sar
    Casio GW-700A-9VCR
    Casio GW-6900-1cr
    Casio GW-7900B-1cr
    Casio PAG80-1V
    Casio GX56-1B

Thank, Bruce Lee, for the info. I put it under the sun today for about 2 hours and the battery is full now. It was on my wrist last night and it had no problem syncing.

I received the Amazon DW5600E today and I actually like this one better. It is easier to read but it does not have solar, atomic, and world times.

Thread Information