Good G-shock watch that is solar + Analog (Under $200.00)?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Good G-shock watch that is solar + Analog (Under $200.00)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Good G-shock watch that is solar + Analog (Under $200.00)?

I am looking for a G-Shock watch that is solar and is analog not digital. Any ideas? My Maximum I am willing to pay is 200 dollars.

Cheers, Mike
    Last edited by GlowingWatch; December 16th, 2013 at 09:07.

Re: Good G-shock watch that is solar + Analog (Under $200.00)

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingWatch View Post
    I am looking for a G-Shock watch that is solar and is analog not digital. Any ideas? My Maximum I am willing to pay is 200 dollars.

Cheers, Mike
    Try the AWGM100-1ACR model. It's multiband 6 and solar G Shock that's cost less than $100 at Amazon.
    Frogman Military Grey/Navy Blue GF-8250, Square GW-5000, Square GW-5610, Iconic Blk GW-6900, Rangeman GW-9400 Olive, Rangeman GW-9400 Positive, Mudman GW-9300 Black Gold, Mudman G-9300 Positive and a bunch of boring mechanicals, Eco Drives, Kinetics dial watches.

Re: Good G-shock watch that is solar + Analog (Under $200.00)

Quote Originally Posted by Reloko View Post
    Try the AWGM100-1ACR model. It's multiband 6 and solar G Shock that's cost less than $100 at Amazon.
    It's too simple for my liking. Something a little more advanced and that has more features?

Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by GlowingWatch; December 16th, 2013 at 08:53. Reason: spelling error

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Good G-shock watch that is solar + Analog (Under $200.00)?

So are you saying that you look for a pure analog watch without any digital functions?

It's too simple for my liking. Something a little more advanced and that has more features?
    I don't know what you expect more from an analog watch. Most can only tell the time and day, some doesn't even have a second hand. The suggested AWG-M100 has multiple alarms, a stopwatch, a countdown timer, worldtime, it is solar and it is atomic. I'm pretty sure it is hard to find more watch for such small money.

cheers
    mechonster likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I don't know what you expect more from an analog watch. Most can only tell the time and day, some doesn't even have a second hand.
    There ARE hundreds of all-analog chronographs out there that have time, day/date and stopwatch functions -- but most of those aren't G-Shocks.

It sounds like the OP is looking for one of Casio's Aviator G-Shocks, which are primarily analog in design, but it seems that there aren't too many of those that are solar AND under the $200 limit.

I'll admit that I don't know much about analog G's, but a quick look at Google Shopping shows the G-1200, the GW-3000 and the GW-3500 as solar-powered and available for under $200.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    There ARE hundreds of all-analog chronographs out there that have time, day/date and stopwatch functions -- but most of those aren't G-Shocks.
    Yes, of course I was referring to G's only. But when it comes to analog quartz Chronos, I chose anytime my Seiko SNN233 over a Casio.

It sounds like the OP is looking for one of Casio's Aviator G-Shocks, which are primarily analog in design, but it seems that there aren't too many of those that are solar AND under the $200 limit.

I'll admit that I don't know much about analog G's, but a quick look at Google Shopping shows the G-1200, the GW-3000 and the GW-3500 as solar-powered and available for under $200.
    The G-1200 and the GW-3000 are the same except for atomic time keeping. Both however feature a 24 minutes (!!!) stopwatch which is as silly as it gets and not deserve to be called Chronograph in my opinion.

The GW-3500 is an ana-digi just like the AWG-M100 and unless the TS responds we are not sure if that is what he wants.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

If worldtime, stopwatch, timer and 5 alarms are not enough then you probably have to take a look at the ana-digi Protreks.

Cheers, Sedi

Thanks, Mike

Yes, of course I was referring to G's only.
    I thought you were, just wanted to make sure.

The G-1200 and the GW-3000 are the same except for atomic time keeping. Both however feature a 24 minutes (!!!) stopwatch which is as silly as it gets and not deserve to be called Chronograph in my opinion.
    I'm with you -- that's just mind-boggling!!

As far as I'm concerned, Casio has had a few "jumping the shark" moments where I wonder if they've completely lost their marbles and forgotten what G-Shocks seem to be/used to be about, but a 24 MINUTE stopwatch is near the top of that list.

GW1500A. Analog, solar, and atomic! Here's a little overview I did of it:
    CASIO G-SHOCK GW1500A - YouTube

I really like this watch. The only downfalls I can name are a) no second hand and b) 20 minute chronograph

Protrek PRG-550 solar. Some versions are under $200.

Last edited by yankeexpress; December 17th, 2013 at 03:55.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information