Good good goooood good vibrations. Which g's have a countdown vibration alarm?

Thread: Good good goooood good vibrations. Which g's have a countdown vibration alarm?

Good good goooood good vibrations. Which g's have a countdown vibration alarm?

Hi all. I've been reading a bit about G's for a few reasons. One is that I abuse watches. Lately I've been doing some building and woodwork, I ride regularly, I swim a lot (ocean and pool), and I do anything outdoorsy like hiking, mountain biking, climbing, etc. I've put quite a few scratches and dings in my poor old citizen diver lately, and the bezel broke on another diver. I happen to love simple mechanical watches (such as we'll built divers), but I started thinking about G's more recently. It started when I bought my daughter one for her birthday (any excuse to research watches!).
    Anyway, I need a vibrating countdown timer (for some exams I have to sit for work this coming year). I'll need something that can be programmed to, say, vibrate at 9 mins, then maybe again (ideally with a different vibration) at 10, then repeat the process. That is, I'll have to answer 15 X 10min questions and keep close eye on the time! I used a rotating bezel on a diver last time, but it was a bit distracting and clunky.
    So, any excuse for a new watch! Let's work backward from the vibrate programmable timer! Prefer black, like functions such as solar, compass, and maybe altimeter/barometer. Have a smallish wrist (6.7") but prefer watches a bit big (like 44mm or so).
    What suggestions are out there? I've tried to search but the vibrate function is often not mentioned.....
    cheers!

Re: Good good goooood good vibrations. Which g's have a countdown vibration alarm?

Quote Originally Posted by mat-with-one-t View Post
    Anyway, I need a vibrating countdown timer (for some exams I have to sit for work this coming year). I'll need something that can be programmed to, say, vibrate at 9 mins, then maybe again (ideally with a different vibration) at 10, then repeat the process. That is, I'll have to answer 15 X 10min questions and keep close eye on the time!
    I don't have any vibrating models, but from what I've read here you're probably not going to find one that you can program for multiple countdowns at once. You'll probably have to set the countdown for 9 minutes the first time, then after it goes off, change the countdown to 10 minutes and start it again, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by mat-with-one-t View Post
    I've tried to search but the vibrate function is often not mentioned.....
    The vibrate function is mentioned a lot here, but the forum "search" software leaves a lot to be desired. Instead, try Googling "site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17" to direct the search to this forum, PLUS your search terms, minus the " marks. Here are all the threads that I just found searching that way for "vibe," "vibrate," and "vibration."

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...%2Ff17+vibrate

There aren't that many vibrating models out there -- the most frequently mentioned seem to be the GD-350, the GD-400, and the G-7510.

Re: Good good goooood good vibrations. Which g's have a countdown vibration alarm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I don't have any vibrating models, but from what I've read here you're probably not going to find one that you can program for multiple countdowns at once. You'll probably have to set the countdown for 9 minutes the first time, then after it goes off, change the countdown to 10 minutes and start it again, and so on.

Yeah it looks that way. That'd mean going back to the clunky bezel on the diver would be the better option if this were the case! What about setting a 10min alarm, could I then program a 10min snooze, thereby just hitting snooze each time? Problem is that I need to be able to start the process at a specific ("start writing") time.....

The vibrate function is mentioned a lot here, but the forum "search" software leaves a lot to be desired. Instead, try Googling "site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17" to direct the search to this forum, PLUS your search terms, minus the " marks. Here are all the threads that I just found searching that way for "vibe," "vibrate," and "vibration."

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...%2Ff17+vibrate

There aren't that many vibrating models out there -- the most frequently mentioned seem to be the GD-350, the GD-400, and the G-7510.
    yeah saw this thread....
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/tou...1049778-2.html

Many thanks. Yes I usually take the Google approach and did find those models. None of them really sang out, however, as a great watch for me in other respects....
    Last edited by mat-with-one-t; December 26th, 2015 at 23:42.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Any other suggestions out there?

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Altough there are a few G's and others with vibe alarms, none of them come close or can do what you are looking for. Even my most worn and most flexibel digital vibe watch - a Timex T-49851 - is far from it. You may able to find those specific timer functions in some smart watches but don't nail me on this. Other than that, I recommend a smartphone with a proper countdown timer app.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks mate but here's the rub. I need the vibe for exam sessions, and no smart-a-magigs allowed......

lvt

You need a rugged smart watch with personalized apps.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Well, I have a GL-7500 amd it has a countdown timer ( beep or vibrating alarm at your choice) which can be set from 1 to 60 minutes and also has an auto repeat feature ( the coun restarts automatically once it reaches cero). It is an old model, probably discontinued. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Subafan View Post
    Well, I have a GL-7500 amd it has a countdown timer ( beep or vibrating alarm at your choice) which can be set from 1 to 60 minutes and also has an auto repeat feature ( the coun restarts automatically once it reaches cero). It is an old model, probably discontinued. Regards.

Thanks. I'll have a look around!

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    You need a rugged smart watch with personalized apps.

No smart watches allowed in exams!

Thread Information