Good quality band material
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ericng79

Thread: Good quality band material

Good quality band material

Hello all.
    I own a King of G that I love. I am looking for another g-shock that has the good quality band material that this watch has. I have some of the cheaper g-shocks that are old and have a very stiff plastic feel to them. Can you guys let me know what g-shocks have the better quality band material.. No frogman since that's out of my price range. Thanks.

Re: Good quality band material

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Hello all.
    I own a King of G that I love. I am looking for another g-shock that has the good quality band material that this watch has. I have some of the cheaper g-shocks that are old and have a very stiff plastic feel to them. Can you guys let me know what g-shocks have the better quality band material.. No frogman since that's out of my price range. Thanks.

Hi there... Since you're using the King G as a baseline...

I went thru what I have and this is my conclusion...

Name:  P1040768.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  1.31 MB

I felt that the GD100 has at least the same or perhaps even better quality of band... It just feels softer and more comfortable.

The G7900 is just slightly behind the King in terms of comfort...

That's my take on the issue.

Hope it helps...
    ashwalla likes this.

I agree with the above post. As far as Resin goes, the GD(F) series have a very soft, comfortable band. Yet it's a wide, double clasp band that feels very durable.

Another great option is the 7900MS series. It has a nylon balistic band and in conjuction to the "wings" that curve around your wrist it makes it one of the most comfortable Gs I've ever worn. The band does not feel rough or abrasive on your arm. I recently the strap from my 7900MS on a GD100 and it looks great and can't be beat for comfort! See the Strap Alternative for GD100MS-1 thread...
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I should have mentioned that I tried the gd100-1acr and thought the band wasn't even close to the king... The holes were off to me too. Either too tight, or too loose...The king has a sweet spot for me..

The BEST G-Shock strap I have so far is the one from GW5000. Here I have them on my GW6900 and transformed the watch into awesomely (is that even a word?!) comfortable wear 24/7.

Thread Information