Is this a good reason to not buy a Pathfinder?

Thread: Is this a good reason to not buy a Pathfinder?

Is this a good reason to not buy a Pathfinder?

I am very close to buying the PAW1300 with the resin strap. I don't like the metal bracelet and like the resin. I worry that the strap may break in a couple years, though, and I'd be left with the coolest pocket watch around. Seeing as how the Pathfinders use very non-standard straps, I am concerned that I won't be able to find a replacement. How long do these straps usually last with just daily, non superhero wear? Am I paranoid thinking that I would be unable to find a strap in 2-10 years whenever the band broke? I have a bit of a problem buying a watch knowing that I won't be able to replace the strap when it breaks.

Re: Is this a good reason to not buy a Pathfinder?

You'll always be able to order a replacement from Casio. So, no. It's not a good reason.
    Wear what you like.

Does Casio keep stock for old models for a long time? I really wouldn't have any idea-have people on this forum had good luck ordering things for models 10+ years old, for instance?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There shouldn't be a problem buying straps for standard models (such as the Pathfinder) after ten years. If you're anxious, why not buy a spare strap now and keep it?

Bracelets don't necessarily last ten years either, of course.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

i doubt you will have problem finding replacement strap for 1300, maybe you can consider the 1300G since you can wear it with a NATO/zulu strap (which is easily replaceable)

and even if you can't find replacement strap after 10 yr, i think that's a good excuse to get yourself a new pathfinder

the cost of ownership of a $200 pathfinder that lasted 10 years: $200/10 = $20 per year

From my experience the PAW1300-1V has what I believe to be the best resin strap that Casio has ever produced. They even got the strap retainer right on the watch. It holds the band down really well without locking it down too well. Anyone who has a Mil-lander would know exactly what I am talking about.

There is another thread that is discussing that issue.

You can get a OEM Casio band in the US directly from Casio for about $29.99 + $4.95 for the shipping on your whole order. The metal end pieces go for about $8.00 each. If you are worried about it just buy 1-2.

As far as Casio still producing the band in the next 10 years, it is anyone's guess.

They are still making bands for the DW-5600C which has been out of production 12 years, yet they no longer produce the bands for the GW-200TC (green) which only came out a couple of years back.

Isn't there a Pathfinder PRG... that has a type of cloth/resin band, and also another band that it comes with?

I'll try to find the pic...or link.

Neil

I think this is the model number I'm thinking about that comes with 2 bands:
    PAW-1300g-v1 I'm guessing that you are looking at a different model with a different band (and coloration)...

Neil

I recently just bought the paw1300 with the resin strap and I've been loving it. But I wanted to get a nato strap on it so I called up casio, ordered a replacement resin strap, and proceeded to take a knife to the current resin strap. Turned the metal piece plus a bit of the remaining resin into a fairly decent strap adapter. I'm currently using it with some cheapo velcro strap that doesn't look all that good, but when I get a better looking strap, I'll post pictures.

Thread Information