Got a fake Riseman
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Got a fake Riseman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

Got a fake Riseman

Today makes the one year anniversary of my girlfriend and I's first date, so she bought me a G-Shock Riseman GW-9200 off of eBay a few weeks ago. After she gave it to me (unopened) and I opened it up, I immediately found it to be fake. Inside the "eye" was the G, an instant indicator that it's fake. It feels more like plastic than the resin of a real G-Shock, although I've never owned a Riseman so I don't know if that's how it's supposed to feel. It's extremely light, and the module number on the back is fake, never heard of a Riseman module number SM005. It has that whole mess on top underneath where it says "Casio", almost looks gridded up there and the date is barely readable. The day of the week is in the wrong spot, instead of saying Multi-Band 6, it says Full Auto EL. It only has three modes, the adjust button works as the light (which only lights up the numbers). The red button on the side can't even be pushed, all the words on it are painted on, the G button serves no purpose and is painted on, and the twin sensor looks likes metallic painted plastic. Although to my surprise it is water resistant. We went outside to the pool today so I took it with me to see how it would hold up, and I was to my astonishment, able to swim with it on with no problems. All nine feet deep. I still don't have the heart to tell her she bought me a fake, but luckily the sellers eBay name is on the package so I can demand a refund. I'll tell her it's fake as soon as the seller replies. It came all the way from China, not sure how much she bought it for, but the seller has it listed for $130, and the stock image is that of a real Riseman.

This is a picture of one I found on eBay that looks EXACTLY like mine. This isn't the same seller though, because they actually posted a picture of actual watch and never claimed it to be a G-Shock. But it's still a crappy fake.

Here's a link to the one in the pic
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Diving-Timepiece...ht_2996wt_1135
    Last edited by King of Pop MJ; May 14th, 2011 at 06:27.

Re: Got a fake Riseman

Definitely report it to ebay and get a refund. Generally speaking, I don't trust sellers who use stock photos unless they have a lot of great feedback and no one claiming to have received a fake. I would tell your girlfriend if I were you, so she can leave negative feedback for the seller.

..........................................i dont like my solar to be "M".................................................. ....................

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

..........................................i dont like my solar to be "M".................................................. ....................

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by got6ponies View Post
    Exactly like that except a bit cheaper looking. I just tried uploading some pics but it keeps on saying that it doesn't support my file types. Is there a way to change the type so it does support them?

upload your pictures with a host like imageshack or photobucket

my favorite fake is the black one! if someone got me that id keep it!
    id keep it for posterity!

Laughing Re: Got a fake Riseman

kingofpopmj/ichris will make you one of these.................Name:  photo II.JPG
Views: 1390
Size:  139.1 KB.............

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by got6ponies View Post
    kingofpopmj/ichris will make you one of these.................Name:  photo II.JPG
Views: 1390
Size:  139.1 KB.............
    Who's ichris? Don't believe I know him, details?

Great catch, Got6. That last post just gave it all away. might as well post in here before this thread gets closed! See ya, MJ.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

...pulls up a chair...

edit: (maybe too late)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information