Got a G-2000!!!

Thread: Got a G-2000!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a G-2000!!!

and it's totally sweet!!!

I scored it off E-bay. It was bought some time ago at a retail shop but never used and just stored. It came with a completely flat battery but in totally new condition. It's awesome looking with the full metal case and screwback design.

I just spent some time very carefully taking the bezel screws off and putting some anti-sieze on the threads, cleaning out the nooks and crannies and installing a new battery. It was my first battery change on a screw-back case design and I'm happy to say I made no noticable damage or scratches at all (with thanks to Mr Masking Tape!). I have to admit inside it's very nice quality for a G-Shock, with metal everywhere and it has a rubber and a plastic module shield protector on the back (very confidence inspiring). It all works perfectly, I couldn't be happier!

It looks awesome in my opinion and is my favourite looking G-Shock next to the solar powered G-2300 (but this doesn't come with metal case or metal buttons). The metal buttons on this are nice and large and easy to use becaue of the case design. I totally dig this watch for it's looks, size and quality. It feels totally quality. The module is basic and has everything I need (12/24 hr time, 24 hr countdown timer, 24 hrstopwatch with time mode visible in both modes, 1 alarm) .

It's comfortable and well balanced on the wrist and the strap is thick (21/22mm at it's slimmest point) and looks totally awesome (I love thick straps!)! The strap is not too long which is good for smaller wrists like mine (6.5"), It's totally awesome how you can see the underlying full metal case through the resin on the top . The dial for me is the perfect blend of simpleness and complicated "features" (with only the eye in the top left).

Ok, the moment you've all been waiting for, pictures (sorry my camera does terrible close up shots so this is the best I can do)!

I really cannot see myself flipping this. Unlike some other watches that I've had, I have no doubts at all that I really really love it!!!

If you have any questions about it, or want to share your G-2000 feel free . Cheers dudes and have a great day!

Re: Got a G-2000!!!

Congratulations from an envious admirer of the G-2000.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Nice, congrats !
    It looks so similar to the G2500:
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That thing looks tough! I love the screwback and the single eye with the Frogman style face!

Great find!!

Congrats! Really impressed with it too when I got it, really feels bomb proof on par with a Frogman. Too bad that it wasn't quite as popular, otherwise maybe we'd have new screwback G-shocks today that are more affordable. The only downside to it for me is that it looks so small compared to my other favorite G's (Frogman and Gaussman), on my 8 in. wrist. My wife just says it's "normal" watch sized.

I'll post my tired old photo of my G-2000.

Chris
    ---

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome to the club.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Wow! Looks brilliant! Casio should bring these back.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swordman View Post
    Wow! Looks brilliant! Casio should bring these back.
    Funny you should mention that. Here's a close relative:

GW-2310-1JF

Out this month. Available now. In Japan, of course.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Picture Re: Got a G-2000!!!

Hey Claud!

Congratulations on an awesome G-Shock and thanks for posting the nice pictures

It´s a fantastic model - and like you said before: just wonderful with the all stainless steel case and screwback, real quality.

My stealthy beat up G-2000 says hello

Enjoy your new watch and wear it on good health.

All the best.

sharpie

Thanks guys, great looking G-2000s. It seems even if you can't get hold of the G-2000 so easily there are some pretty similar alternatives and the solar/atomic ones look interesting with all their modern features .

Really liking this G-Shock . It will be worn a lot for sports and casual. I can already tell my Ironman is getting jealous .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information