Got a G8000!

Thread: Got a G8000!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a G8000!

Ok I really like this watch. Almost all my watches are automatics but I decided I wanted something digital, and as most WIS know there is only one worth buying...the G.
    So I picked up a G8000 in army green because it has the reverse display and the whole window is black. When it arrived I opened the package, took it apart and dyed the whole thing black. Now it is REALLY stealthy looking.
    So far I'm amazed at this module and all the neat little thing and all the cool stuff it does.
    While waiting for the G8000 to arrive I got antsy and picked up the army green polygon G056 aswell for $23! I will dye this one as soon as I open the package too.
    I like the look of all black with black display but I'm actually in the Army so I don't want to wear green more than I have too!

The next on my list is the all black G8100 and then I might pick up the G011.
    As you guys may have noticed I have a thing for the non traditional G's

Any opinions about the modules in the 8100 would be appreciated

Hopefully this addiction to G's will subside in 2 or 3 more watches, unless Casio decide to put out some other weird one this year!

Re: Got a G8000!

Congratulations! The G-8000 module is one of the best and most comprehensive modules Casio has ever produced.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Hey Congrats! Although I could never get around to liking the C3 series, I do like the Polygons.

Post some pics, maybe you could change my mind

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Did your G8000 have a shiny surfaced strap/bezel? I've been wondering how well dye takes to these, because mine would actually get worn if they were black.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Did your G8000 have a shiny surfaced strap/bezel? I've been wondering how well dye takes to these, because mine would actually get worn if they were black.
    You couldn't dye a patent strap of that sort. And the surface is probably too well bonded to remove it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Congrats on your purchase, I had the G8000 with the regular display, it was quite a nice G-Shock.

As with all new hobbies, I went on a buying spree, including the G8000 with the shiny straps and the G8100.

I have since sold the G8100, although it wears comfy and looks great with presence, the reverse LCD was a chore to read, as the numbers are much smaller than the G8000 series.

Have fun in your hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    You couldn't dye a patent strap of that sort. And the surface is probably too well bonded to remove it.
    That's what I thought, and the reason I haven't tried. I thought the green one rideough dyed had a shiny strap though. I fear I'm mistaken, but wondered if someone had found a way.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    That's what I thought, and the reason I haven't tried. I thought the green one rideough dyed had a shiny strap though. I fear I'm mistaken, but wondered if someone had found a way.
    I think there are some other 'flat' colours apart from black. Not completely sure, though.

The army green one I got was flat. The seller on ebay has a bunch for $29.
    anybody who'd like to know his name can PM me. It dyed extremely well and the colour stayed with no leeching at all. The model number is G8000-3v.
    The poly I ordered is the same colour.

Quote Originally Posted by rideough View Post
    ...The seller on ebay has a bunch for $29.
    anybody who'd like to know his name can PM me...
    I'd like his name so I can possibly make a purchase. I did a basic search using "Casio 8000" and didn't see any for $29.

You can try to PM me, but I don't think my forum NOTIFICATIONS is working correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information