Got my 1st G-Shock
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Got my 1st G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got my 1st G-Shock

Hello all, well this past Saturday, I pulled the trigger on a basic Atomic G Shock, liked the idea of Updating from the Atomic Clock and it also has moon and tide, GW7900B1

I have watched many help vids on You Tube, but so far no luck at all on connecting for the auto updates on time, kinda the main reason I purchased it.

Live in Las Vegas, tried it after midnight, no luck. It starts, shows a 3 on connection strength, but then does nothing, resets after a while, and the indicator that shows it worked shows that it did not.

So I guess my question is, does this Atomic Clock update feature really work for most people or is it a BS feature ? Am I maybe missing a step ?

Flaps

Mine usually work at or around midnight - and I’m WAY east of you in Indiana.

I have found, however, that the watches really need to be left alone when syncing. So all of mine are sitting in place at night and have the backs facing west. Given your location I wonder how you’ve aimed it, so to speak. Aim the back at Ft Collins?
    kenls likes this.

Re: Got my 1st G-Shock

I live near Denver, only about 60 miles from Ft. Collins, but my GW-5000 syncs almost every night.

I don't fiddle with it at all, and if it DOESN'T sync for some reason, I don't do anything at all except wait for it to do it on it's own later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are you trying a manual sync or leaving it to auto sync overnight?

I live 2,000 miles from Colorado but get a sync almost every night on my gshocks this time of year.

It is not a BS feature at all.

Quote Originally Posted by flaps View Post
    Hello all, well this past Saturday, I pulled the trigger on a basic Atomic G Shock, liked the idea of Updating from the Atomic Clock and it also has moon and tide, GW7900B1

I have watched many help vids on You Tube, but so far no luck at all on connecting for the auto updates on time, kinda the main reason I purchased it.

Live in Las Vegas, tried it after midnight, no luck. It starts, shows a 3 on connection strength, but then does nothing, resets after a while, and the indicator that shows it worked shows that it did not.

So I guess my question is, does this Atomic Clock update feature really work for most people or is it a BS feature ? Am I maybe missing a step ?

Flaps
    I live in Northern California, further away from atomic tower than Vegas. Auto synced >95% of time for the past 5 years. Never a success on manual sync though :)

MB6 works automatically most of time for me in So Cal. On Sunday morning, when we changed to DST, all of my radio-controlled watches synced automatically.

I live in northern Virginia near Washington DC. I have three atomic clock syncing watches, a Casio G, a Casio Pathfinder and a Citizen pilot’s watch. All generally sync each night without fail. Every now and then one will miss a sync but it’s rare.

I do help things along by storing them near a western second floor window and I store them with the sensors pointed west also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sync works like a charm every night as long as I wear it to sleep--I think your body acts as a giant antenna to improve reception if it's on your wrist in the middle of the night.

Manual sync only works for me if I am using the Clockwave app. Using the Clockwave app is an excellent way to re-synch all your G shocks that didn't synch up yet for DST changes (not a paid endorsement).

I find that wearing my MB6 G-Shocks helps with an auto receive being successful in the middle of the night. And this is way farther away than y’all in the States (Australian who does get auto sync with the Japanese towers at least once a week).

Quote Originally Posted by bmfang View Post
    I find that wearing my MB6 G-Shocks helps with an auto receive being successful in the middle of the night. And this is way farther away than y’all in the States (Australian who does get auto sync with the Japanese towers at least once a week).

im always blown away when i hear you say this!

i might have to give it a try one day, even tho adjusting it manually is far quicker than setting it to tyo time and hoping lol
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information