Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

Thread: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member GameBoy2Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    I collected my Froggies today, yes, you heard right, it is plural. I got so sick and tired of not being able to get a decent Frogman for so long that I went and got 3 of 'em.

    Now, I've only ever got the DW-9900 Frogmans and I love the design of these as well as the DW-8200's, so when I finally manage to see a GW-225A, I must say, I wasn't very impressed. Somehow, these models don't have the Omph! of the older Frogmans - not enough steel in the bezel area and way too light on the wrist - as someone said, it looks like a tire on your wrist. Also, the gold tint and display isn't as sharp as someone said. I dunno, maybe I just need to warm-up to them.

    Which of you prefer the older Frogmans over these? Well, I can always put them up for sale and buy a MIW or Red Frogman from Japan.

    Now, the MudMan is a beauty, and that is a keeper. The GulfMan didn't appeal to me because it remind me too much of fishing which I loathe, he he he Anyway, here are some pics.







    This is BEAUTIFUL!!!



    This is so much solid and better IMHO.

    Last edited by GameBoy2Go; November 7th, 2007 at 16:50.

  2. #2
    Member KVM888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    THE TROPICAL ISLAND OF CEBU
    Posts
    2,371

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Gameboytogo,

    Great catch!!!!!!!

    Not just one but FOUR!!!!!

    You must be ecstatic right now...


    regards,

    Kirk M.

  3. #3
    Member ultramanpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Congrats Gameboy, that is some serious money involved! Very happy for you now that you got 'em, you can play with them during the public holiday!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member foamposite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    765

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Envious man...

    Now you're making me tempted to get the Dawn Black Mudman...
    No one ever works out and regrets it. You never go for a run, and then when you're finished, wish you would have stayed home. You never climb a mountain, get to the top, and say, "I should have just been content to stay where I was."

  6. #5
    Member skyhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Hi Gameboy,

    Congrats!!! Did you get it from Casio or other retailers?

    By the way why did you purchase 3 if you are not impressed with the watch

    cheers~
    SKy

  7. #6
    Member GameBoy2Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ultramanpat View Post
    Congrats Gameboy, that is some serious money involved! Very happy for you now that you got 'em, you can play with them during the public holiday!
    Thank you too, Pat, if not for you, I wouldn't have known about the arrival. As soon as I saw your post, I rushed down and placed a deposit for three at the Casio Shop. Actually, I cheated a bit, the people at the Casio shop would only let me reserve 1 pc, but I, uh, charmed (bribed!) the shop assistant and she let me reserve 3 pcs but under different names and I had to get two friends to collect them According to her, Casio shops had 5 Frogs each outlet.

  8. #7
    Member skyhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy2Go View Post
    According to her, Casio shops had 5 Frogs each outlet.
    5??? I was told it was 2...

  9. #8
    Member GameBoy2Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhook View Post
    Hi Gameboy,

    Congrats!!! Did you get it from Casio or other retailers?

    By the way why did you purchase 3 if you are not impressed with the watch

    cheers~
    SKy
    Hey Sky, I got it from the Casio Outlet at Bugis. I got three out of frustration because I've never seen a Frogman in a regular shop for years and I went crazy as soon as Pat broke the news about the release. I want to maybe use one, keep one, and later on, sell or trade one to feed my G-Shock habit, ha ha ha.

    I've never seen this model Frogman before, so when I saw it in person, it didn't seem that striking to me. Guess I'm used to the older Frogs with the cool steen bezel

  10. #9
    Member GameBoy2Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by foamposite View Post
    Envious man...

    Now you're making me tempted to get the Dawn Black Mudman...
    Yes, yes, the MudMan impressed me more than the Frog, go get it, won't regret and much more reasonable price.

  11. #10
    Member skyhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Got My 25th Dawn Black Froggies But!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy2Go View Post
    Hey Sky, I got it from the Casio Outlet at Bugis. I got three out of frustration because I've never seen a Frogman in a regular shop for years and I went crazy as soon as Pat broke the news about the release. I want to maybe use one, keep one, and later on, sell or trade one to feed my G-Shock habit, ha ha ha.

    I've never seen this model Frogman before, so when I saw it in person, it didn't seem that striking to me. Guess I'm used to the older Frogs with the cool steen bezel
    Hi GameBoy,

    I actually prefer the 8200 series of frogmans but the GW200/225 slowly grew on me.

    cheers~
    SKy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •