Got my first G-Shock
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Got my first G-Shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Got my first G-Shock

Well, a few days ago i picked up a Casio AQ-S800W because I wanted a new work watch, and I was leaning towards analog/digital. I decided i'm not gonna keep it for a few reasons: too thin/small for my wrist, backlight is terrible, display's too small, 60 minute max on CDT and STW etc. So today being black friday and all, I went back to Kohl's to return it, and noticed that all Casios are 40% off list. (hrrrm.)

Picked up a GW-2310, black case with some chrome trim. It's got a lot of features I've found inter, 5 esting but haven't had in a watch so far:

-Solar powered (well, my AQS800W had it, but i've only had it 3 days)
    -Atomic time 6 band
    -Full auto EL backlight, always wanted to see how the wrist-flick backlite works!

and stuff I need; dual time, CDT, 5 alarms and snooze, etc

So far, i'm enjoying the G-Shock experience, but I can't get the thing to sync. Says it last synced 10-10 at 2:04 am and it looks like it's 3 seconds fast, so i'm not worried. Hopefully it will sync tonight; we'll see. Do they just not sync well during the day? It shows L1 and then ERR even when i'm standing out in the open holding it still. Tips?

-James
    Chrisek likes this.
    Hey, What time is it?
    Current: G9300-1, GBX6900B-1
    Want list: GW9400, GWM5610, PRW-(S)3100, PRW-3510, GWG-1000, GWN-1000, GWF-1000

Re: Got my first G-Shock

sync time is 0am to 5am

be careful with Gshock though, once you buy one you'd want more and more

Nice watch. 2310s are awesome. Post pics!

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    sync time is 0am to 5am

This^

and congrats on your new piece
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

Got my first G-Shock

Congrats! A very nice looking G-Shock!

Sent using Tapatalk

Too many radiowave transmissions during the day. Which is why it's pre-programmed to sync at midnight, 1, 2, 3.. etc. I know the feeling you have right now. Check it in the morning and it should be fully synced!

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Too many radiowave transmissions during the day. Which is why it's pre-programmed to sync at midnight, 1, 2, 3.. etc. I know the feeling you have right now. Check it in the morning and it should be fully synced!
    OK, so the tower only broadcasts at night? Or just no way to get it in the day? Good to know!! It's weird that it hasn't synced since Oct 10, but it's been in a department store, so...

Yeah i know that feeling. Kinda digging Pro-Treks too.

EDIT: yeah tried syncing again at 8:40, it got up to L3 a few times and did err again. Will see if it does it in the morning!
    Last edited by JamesAtCT; November 24th, 2012 at 02:53.
    Hey, What time is it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAtCT View Post
    yeah tried syncing again at 8:40, it got up to L3 a few times and did err again. Will see if it does it in the morning!
    Don't sweat it and don't worry if your atomic G-Shock cannot get the signal. Atomic G-Shocks are known to have a very hard time synching because of many different reasons. The synching of your watch will depend on many factors like where you live, your location like whether or not you live in a low elevation or high elevation, the amount of interference that's in your area, ect., ect., ect..
    I own 2 atomic solar G-Shocks (a GW9010-1 Mudman and a GWM5610-1) and both of mine have a hell of a time trying to synch. I live in the lower elevation area of my town in a residential neighborhood and mine have a hard time trying to get the signal. Just wear your watch and enjoy it and don't worry if it doesn't synch. Casio has a long way to go with improving their atomic G-Shocks so they can synch easier.

Congrats on the purchase! And just to add on, your watch is programmed to try to sync between midnight and 5am. All 6 towers continually broadcast.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

No sync this morning. I live in North Carolina, which is well outside of the 600 mile radius of Fort Collins. Oh well, I synced it to current time, that's probably good enough. We'll see if it syncs tonight.
    Hey, What time is it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information