Got my girlfriend a Baby-G

Thread: Got my girlfriend a Baby-G

Got my girlfriend a Baby-G

My girlfriend is one of those rare people who emit some kind of electro-magnetic field that stops most watches mechanical and quartz. I just got her one of the new square, clear Baby-G's. I figure it has the best chance of staying functional. The thing looks really nice, much better than in this (stolen) photo. Question: You think it's too fem for me to wear? I'm an IT director -- how macho do I have to be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Got my girlfriend a Baby-G

My wife wears 2 baby g's. She has a blue translucent solar model and a pink translucent NON solar model. She loves them both, although NEVER uses the features and brings it to me to set LOL...

I put her pink one on the other night as a joke and it looked so small! LOL... I dont think i will be waering it out in public! LOL

BUT, you could still tell that my wifes baby G was tougher than most "Mil watches" ...

okok ... im jsut being playful!

hey on my last trip to Hong Kong, I saw the same b-g u purchased, it's real nice. But I think they also sell it as a set with a white g-shock for man. did u get the set?

I saw the white one too

Quote Originally Posted by 100Questions
    hey on my last trip to Hong Kong, I saw the same b-g u purchased, it's real nice. But I think they also sell it as a set with a white g-shock for man. did u get the set?
    It wasn't in a set (at Macy's), but I did see the white one. To me, it looked like it went with knee high white vinyl boots (w/high heel). Just not ME, you know what I'm saying? But I like the square translucent models, the clear and blue especially. It's not the most macho thing in the world, but it doesn't appear to be fem enough to keep me from thinking about it.

I have a 29.5mm square Nomos Tetra, that because it adheres to the Bauhaus unisex esthetic, fits me quite well (I think). Maybe I'll see if I can get away with wearing the blue b-g. If not, well, I guess my girlfriend gets another watch.

Doug

Wink Re: Got my girlfriend a Baby-G

Hi HG,

It's a great looking watch. I have seen them in person in the shops. I wouldn't recommend wearing it. It has a strong feminine appeal (it gives a woman/girl a look like she is very sure of herself).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Looking for a Baby-G for my wife while in Vegas this coming weekend. JC Penny had a nice looking blue one for 40% off but I hope to find something nicer, or for a beeter price (though I doubt I'll beat the 40% final price).

Matt
    If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you see devils tearing your life away. But, if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

i got my gf a baby-g some time ago as well

Thread Information