got my new G5600A yellow and a friend to keep company!
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: got my new G5600A yellow and a friend to keep company!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

got my new G5600A yellow and a friend to keep company!

so I'm hooked! I'm eyeing a few more Gs to add to my collection.

here's my daily wearer to work - quite the departure in looks but I love the G!

Re: got my new G5600A yellow and a friend to keep company!

i love that omega! how do u like the yellow 5600? That watch has always been in my wish list but I've been having a hard time pulling the trigger on it. Do you wear it often?
    Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by a.sasaki15 View Post
    i love that omega! how do u like the yellow 5600? That watch has always been in my wish list but I've been having a hard time pulling the trigger on it. Do you wear it often?
    I've worn it nonstop since I received it and had to rewind the Omega and set the date for 7 days! I can't take it off. I thought the yellow would be wayyy to bright for me at first, but it grew on me the second I strapped in. I'm currently looking at the white and blue, both with the tide graph. They sell them both at a local wholesale watch store but I'm hesitant - are the 5600 faked much?
    Last edited by SteveFromNY; May 30th, 2012 at 07:35.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love that calc watch. One of those was was my first ever watch, back about 30 years ago. I was a bit of geek even way back then.

Love the yellow G5600! It's one of my favorite watches. I wear it all the time in the summer.

I have the calc watch too... Another one who had one as a kid :).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
    so I'm hooked! I'm eyeing a few more Gs to add to my collection.

That yellow 5600 is real sharp on your wrist.
    Funny that I know exactly where you were the when that image is taken.

The digits look large and crisp on the G5600, will have to pick one up at some point :-)
    G-Shock GW5600J-1 | GW-M5610-1 | GWX5600B-7 | DW-5030C-1 Resist Black | GW9200-1 Riseman | G9000-1 Mudman | G6900KG-3 | GA100-1A1 | GA100A-7A | Tissot PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk BJ7000-52E + Stowa Old Style strap | Seiko SNK809 + Crown & Buckle leather NATO | Seagull 1963 | Tokyoflash Shinshoku

Very nice I bought g first g a couple weeks back to wear to work and love I as a casual watch . I wear it in the pool and when I'm out surfing their reliable and you can beat the crap out of them and they still keep going I will be adding a couple more to my collection as well

Sent from your moms phone
    Current Collection :
    Seiko Orange Monster, Tissot Prc200, Orient Blue Mako XL blue Dial
    Future wish list when funds alllow:
    Black Orange Zixen Diver, Magrette Vintage, Tag f1 white dial grande day date, Promethius Sailfish Yellowface, Aplina chrono, Oris Bc3 advanced day date, Squale sub green dial, Tissot T touch orange.
    Grails:
    Omega Seamaster, Doxa 750t, Tag Carerra and McQueen Monaco

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Nice choice--the yellow has a nice soft tone to it, almost like a cadmium yellow but not as much orange as in taxicab color. I've never owned a yellow colored watch, but I'm starting to think I might like to try one out. Sjors has remarked about it being a "happy" color.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
    I've worn it nonstop since I received it and had to rewind the Omega and set the date for 7 days! I can't take it off. I thought the yellow would be wayyy to bright for me at first, but it grew on me the second I strapped in. I'm currently looking at the white and blue, both with the tide graph. They sell them both at a local wholesale watch store but I'm hesitant - are the 5600 faked much?
    The 5600 has been faked, but not nearly as much as others recently (like the G-7900). There are certain telltale signs to look for. If you're really concerned, I suggest printing out some stock front facing photos of authentic 5600's (Check out WatchShock) and taking them with you, as well as a small magnifier. That way you can quickly compare. Where is this local wholesale watch store you speak of? I may be interested in going there.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Nice choice--the yellow has a nice soft tone to it, almost like a cadmium yellow but not as much orange as in taxicab color. I've never owned a yellow colored watch, but I'm starting to think I might like to try one out. Sjors has remarked about it being a "happy" color.

The 5600 has been faked, but not nearly as much as others recently (like the G-7900). There are certain telltale signs to look for. If you're really concerned, I suggest printing out some stock front facing photos of authentic 5600's (Check out WatchShock) and taking them with you, as well as a small magnifier. That way you can quickly compare. Where is this local wholesale watch store you speak of? I may be interested in going there.
    sorry, haven't been on in awhile. I'm specifically talking about the wholesale watch stores on 5th ave near the 20-30's. They look and feel pretty legit but most of them can be talked down to about $50, and if they're real, I'd probably pick up 3-4 of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information