Got a new bezel for DW6900
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By watchfever2000
  • 1 Post By StephenWatch
  • 1 Post By xevious
  • 1 Post By ocddave

Thread: Got a new bezel for DW6900

Got a new bezel for DW6900

Hello guys. I just replaced my white bezel to a all black bezel. The problem is the light button which is silver colour and I think it just looks weird with the black bezel. Is there anyway I can paint the button and make it black? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

rmeron, ccm123 and Desert like this.

Re: Got a new bezel for DW6900

buttons and paint dont play nice together. if you have to use a solvent, the button will melt. looks fine and stands out. your only recourse is to buy a button (or donor watch) and replace it....which is a royal PITA.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

There is no point buying a donor watch solely to obtain a watch part that is readily available from Casio for a few dollars plus postage or 3rd party reseller. There is a wide choice of different illuminator buttons available. Have a look at the different DW-6900 variants and take your pic. I used the button for a DW-6900MC-7 which is black with grey G letter. Taking the case apart and removing the illuminator button is pretty easy, the only hard part is removing or refitting the E clip from the bottom of the G button stem as they tend to fly off. It's a job a beginner could do IMO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken View Post
    It's a job a beginner could do IMO.
    It is, but it may put you off modding for life! LOL

Here's was my 1st attempt...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...on-711448.html
    Steelerswit likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    It is, but it may put you off modding for life! LOL
    Yup!!

E-Clips are sent to test that's for sure!!!!!

My way if I ever have to do it is using a blob of silicone oil so the clip "sticks" to the watch body or screwdriver, (I literally just get them in position and push on with the edge of the blade and hope!), if it doesn't go on properly.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

The dreaded "E" clip is not for the faint of heart... or novice. Not unless you're someone really adept at fine precision work. I installed a couple of these and have come to the conclusion that CASIO must have a special tool for this. Like a tool with a slightly curved tip having a groove in it. If I was going to get into serious modding, like Kung Fusion once did, I'd fashion myself such a tool. Because the nightmare of "E" clips taking flight into the netherworld is one of maddening frustration.

OP, I suggest removing the bezel, then taking some micromesh to the light button. It'll turn that polished shiny bling into a muted matte finish that will look a lot better.
    Desert likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Wow those mods sound super complicated, I better just stick with this button lol.. And that micromesh is a good idea! Will definitely give it a try. Btw any suggestion for the colours of NATO that will look good with the Gshock? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    The dreaded "E" clip is not for the faint of heart... or novice. Not unless you're someone really adept at fine precision work. I installed a couple of these and have come to the conclusion that CASIO must have a special tool for this. Like a tool with a slightly curved tip having a groove in it. If I was going to get into serious modding, like Kung Fusion once did, I'd fashion myself such a tool. Because the nightmare of "E" clips taking flight into the netherworld is one of maddening frustration.

OP, I suggest removing the bezel, then taking some micromesh to the light button. It'll turn that polished shiny bling into a muted matte finish that will look a lot better.
    This very subject is why I have put-off my idea of a modded GW-9400, if this tool exists, and can be bought I would be all ears.
    Desert likes this.
    Luminox 1881.BO Field Chrono
    G-Shock GPW-1000T-1A (The BEAST)
    G-Shock GD-350-1BER
    (2) G-Shock GXW-56BB-1JF (The KING - I own 2 because everyone should own at least two...LOL)
    G-Shock GW-9300GB-1JF (Mudman)
    G-Shock GD-350-1C (Custom - Black Bezel)
    G-Shock GWX-5600C-7JF (G-LIDE)
    G-Shock GW-5000-1JF
    G-Shock GD-X6900-1CR
    G-Shock GW-9300DC-1CR (Mudman - Custom - Black Bezel Screws/Strap Screws/Strap keeper/Buckle)
    G-Shock G
    W-M5610-1BJF (I want to enter this one in for a honorary COSC rating, its running about .75 seconds fast per month!)
    G-Shock GB-5600B-1JF
    G-Shock GD-X6900MC-1
    Lum-Tec COMBAT B24 Carbon (Miyota 9015 Japan Automatic Movement)
    Lum-Tec COMBAT B35 Auto (STP 1-11 Swiss Automatic Movement)

Thread Information