Got a Riseman adding a Pathfinder, worth it?

Thread: Got a Riseman adding a Pathfinder, worth it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a Riseman adding a Pathfinder, worth it?

Do any of you have a Pathfinder and a Riseman?

When owning a Riseman, would it make sense to buy a Pathfinder?

I'm a bit confused about all the different Pathfinders, which one is considered the best (1300/pag80/40/1500)?

D

Re: Got a Riseman adding a Pathfinder, worth it?

I had the same dilemna... so I bought a Pro Trek

I guess the only reason to add a Pathfinder would be for the Compass and if you want a thinner watch.

They're all excellent watches and tend to be as accurate as one another in my experience.

some might consider wearing them both at the same time as not making any sense. otherwise, owning both makes perfect sensor to me.

which pathfinder is the best depends on your preference. you also need to take into account into account of the new upcoming PAW2000 (since PRW2000 is out already)

to me, the PAW1300 is a great value. it works great with my small wrist size, comfortable and it has the 24hr CDT that i want.

the PAW2000 should have all those, plus sunrise and sunset time. but since its fresh, it should cost you more $$$

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I also see no problem owning both, at all. If you are camping or going on an adventure (hunting or just in the forest where you could get lost) take the Pathfinder with the compass. For cycling, Paintballing, Motorcross or any totally extreme activity, the G-Shock Riseman is the way to go

Get both. Although very similar functionality, the Pathfinder looks completely different to the Riseman.
    -- Gray
    Current Favourite: PRG240 (the orange-tinted one)

I had both for awhile, but ultimately sold the Riseman as I never wore it once I got my Pathfinder.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

Suspended

I think it comes down to your intended use(s) of the watches. On the practical side, using the watches for what they're designed for, then one might be enough depending on the style you like as they are very different. Which brings me to the second side: if your wearing these just becasue they look so totally freakin cool, because they are different then go for both!

Quote Originally Posted by ChooseDennis View Post
    Do any of you have a Pathfinder and a Riseman?

When owning a Riseman, would it make sense to buy a Pathfinder?

I'm a bit confused about all the different Pathfinders, which one is considered the best (1300/pag80/40/1500)?
    I have a Riseman and Pathfinder, and actually have as many Pathfinder/Protreks as G-Shocks. For a technical watch, I vastly prefer the Pathfinder/Protreks. Larger case for my big-watch fetish, and larger text display for my aging eyes too. Since I got into them, I haven't worn my Riseman since. But it is a very cool Riseman - the military series - sort of Air-Force blue-gray.

Maybe Q-6 will see this thread and respond about the various models and how the Pathfinder/Protrek ABC functions are. He knows a ton about it and uses the functions at what you might say is a professional level. The more people know about Pathfinder/Protreks, the more they seem to prefer the older models or dual displays. I know the PRG-80 is a bit favorite on the ABC forum. Here is a set of mine - the black one is a PRG 80 - I must say, they are among my very favorite watches, even for everyday use! I've been using a Sea Pathfinder for about 5 years for all my sporting activities, and its compass (pic below) has kept me from getting lost. Overall, it's been at tough as nails, and one of the most reliable watches I've ever had.

Last edited by GregNYC; September 16th, 2009 at 00:15.

--Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregNYC View Post
    I have a Riseman and Pathfinder, and actually have as many Pathfinder/Protreks as G-Shocks. For a technical watch, I vastly prefer the Pathfinder/Protreks. Larger case for my big-watch fetish, and larger text display for my aging eyes too. Since I got into them, I haven't worn my Riseman since. But it is a very cool Riseman - the military series - sort of Air-Force blue-gray.

Maybe Q-6 will see this thread and respond about the various models and how the Pathfinder/Protrek ABC functions are. He knows a ton about it and uses the functions at what you might say is a professional level. The more people know about Pathfinder/Protreks, the more they seem to prefer the older models or dual displays. I know the PRG-80 is a bit favorite on the ABC forum. Here is a set of mine - the black one is a PRG 80 - I must say, they are among my very favorite watches, even for everyday use! I've been using a Sea Pathfinder for about 5 years for all my sporting activities, and its compass (pic below) has kept me from getting lost. Overall, it's been at tough as nails, and one of the most reliable watches I've ever had.

What is the last watch?

i have both, however i can not answer if adding a pathfinder is worth it. i enjoy both because it is impossible to confuse the two.

Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information