GPW-1000KH-3A
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: GPW-1000KH-3A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member AlexxvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    669

    GPW-1000KH-3A

    Is it still a good idea to buy a GPW-1000 Kandahar edition? I mean, there shouldn't be any problems with the watch being an older model? It has a good price on it, just can't check it out as it's sold by a webshop in Germany. Living in the Netherlands myself, the watch isn't available anymore.

    Last edited by AlexxvD; 1 Week Ago at 14:22.
    ven likes this.

  2. #2
    CC
    CC is online now
    Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    2,109

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    If you can handle the size go for it.

    Think I know the store if we are thinking Alike?

    They've had that up on discount for ages and often have 20% site discounts.
    I ordered it a while back but cancelled after remembering how big they are on the wrist.
    AlexxvD likes this.

  3. #3
    Member AlexxvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    669

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    If you can handle the size go for it.

    Think I know the store if we are thinking Alike?

    They've had that up on discount for ages and often have 20% site discounts.
    I ordered it a while back but cancelled after remembering how big they are on the wrist.
    Yes, we're thinking the same!
    I've had the Rangeman, that was doable on the wrist. Sold it because it had so much features i didn't use and eventually ended up selling it for another watch.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member kubr1ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,820

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    The GPW-1000 is one of my all-time favorite Master of G lines. They just ooze quality in build and design. They are large watches, but more comfortable than the GWF-D1000 Frogs in my experience because of the strap design.

    There were complaints by some owners of the carbon-fiber band starting to shed resin over time (where the buckle rubs against the strap), but I have not seen this issue with the two that I own.

    Name:  IMAG1934.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  1.96 MB


    Name:  IMG_20190713_130557.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  2.46 MB
    AlexxvD, GaryK30, torokzl and 3 others like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

  6. #5
    Member AlexxvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    669

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    The GPW-1000 is one of my all-time favorite Master of G lines. They just ooze quality in build and design. They are large watches, but more comfortable than the GWF-D1000 Frogs in my experience because of the strap design.

    There were complaints by some owners of the carbon-fiber band starting to shed resin over time (where the buckle rubs against the strap), but I have not seen this issue with the two that I own.

    Name:  IMAG1934.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  1.96 MB


    Name:  IMG_20190713_130557.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  2.46 MB
    They look really badass! I'm in serious doubt between this GPW-1000 and the new GWR-B1000. I really like the monocoque design case and the legibility.
    But this Kandahar series is also very nice!
    kubr1ck likes this.

  7. #6
    Member kubr1ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,820

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexxvD View Post
    They look really badass! I'm in serious doubt between this GPW-1000 and the new GWR-B1000. I really like the monocoque design case and the legibility.
    But this Kandahar series is also very nice!
    I own the GWR as well, which is a great watch with interesting materials, but like T4P I prefer the weight of these older models. The olive green & orange colorway of the one you chose is awesome. If I were to buy a 3rd, I'd pick that one.
    AlexxvD likes this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

  8. #7
    Member 0311B50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    94

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    That is just awesome. I’d be all over it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AlexxvD likes this.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,263

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    I've had both the GPW-1000KH and a GPW-2000 and I feel that the GPW-1000KH has more interesting details in it. The GPW-2000 looked almost boring in comparison. If you can get the KH, I say go for it.



    Here it is wearing GPW-1000-2A resin
    acadian, GaryK30, AlexxvD and 2 others like this.

  10. #9
    CC
    CC is online now
    Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    2,109

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    What did I say?...

    'FALL-25' takes another 25% off.
    AlexxvD likes this.

  11. #10
    Member AlexxvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    669

    Re: GPW-1000KH-3A

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What did I say?...

    'FALL-25' takes another 25% off.
    Haha, noticed it! Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Still a bit in doubt, don't know why..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •