GPW1000 Available WristBands
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Time4Playnow

Thread: GPW1000 Available WristBands

GPW1000 Available WristBands

Hello I'm looking to purchase my first GPS watch and mainly I'm interested in the GPW1000FC-1AJF and the GPW1000-1BJF. I want the metal bracelet band, not the resin band or carbon fiber band. Is the 1000fc-1ajf the only GPW with the metal bracelet band? 1st pic - GPW1000FC-1AJF
    2nd pic - GPW1000-1BJF

Im definitely getting the Japanese import. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: GPW1000 Available WristBands

I believe you are correct, that only the 1000fc-1ajf comes with the composite band. [I have the watch, and love it.] But I also bought the -1bjf and bought a composite band from pacparts to put on it. It fits perfectly, as one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tj baba View Post
    Hello I'm looking to purchase my first GPS watch and mainly I'm interested in the GPW1000FC-1AJF and the GPW1000-1BJF. I want the metal bracelet band, not the resin band or carbon fiber band. Is the 1000fc-1ajf the only GPW with the metal bracelet band? 1st pic - GPW1000FC-1AJF
    2nd pic - GPW1000-1BJF

Im definitely getting the Japanese import. Thanks
    /Forrest

Re: GPW1000 Available WristBands

No, there are two GPW's that come with the composite bracelet --- the GPW-1000FC-1A and the GPW-1000FC-1A9. I have the 1A9 model.

Note to the OP - you called it a "metal" bracelet. Just so you know, while there is some metal withIN the bracelet (connecting parts, etc.), the links themselves are NOT metal. They are made out of a hard plastic material. This is definitely NOT a solid stainless steel bracelet, if that's what you were thinking..

As a side note, to my knowledge, all other GPWs come with a combo resin/carbon fiber strap. (not just a straight resin strap)

Oh, also, you mentioned getting the Japanese Import version.... Here's a tidbit in case you were not aware --- the "JF" designator (such as GPW-1000FC-1A9JF) simply designates a version intended for the Japan Domestic Market (JDM). So for example, you might see just a "1A9" version, or possibly one with another designator such as "1A9CR," etc. This only means that this particular version was intended for a different market. But here's the important part: functionally and as far as build components and quality are concerned, the watches are the same --- at least in the case of the GPW. Also, in the case of the GPWs, all of the watches were made in the same place - at Japan's Yamagata factory. Second important note: regardless of whether a watch is a "JF" JDM version or not, this says NOTHING about where the watch was actually MADE. In the case of the GPWs, as stated they were all made in Japan. However, there are many "JF" versions of g-shocks that are NOT made in Japan. (take the Rangeman for example -- all made in Thailand)

Whole point being --- you may be able to find a GPW in the U.S. (or elsewhere) that is cheaper than a "JF" version to be bought directly from Japan, and if so there is no reason not to get the one from the U.S. seller. There is nothing different about the watch, and it was made in the same place as a "JF" version.

Here's my 1A9 GPW:

Last edited by Time4Playnow; January 1st, 2016 at 16:21.
    umarrajs likes this.

Thread Information