GR8900A-1 input
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mg8r1016
  • 3 Post By StephenWatch

Thread: GR8900A-1 input

GR8900A-1 input

Any thoughts on this G? Looks like a solid starter G!!

Re: GR8900A-1 input

I'd say that description fits it perfectly. It's a good looking G that has a good size to it. It shares the same "XL" size as the GD(F)100, GA110, GA120, and the GD200. I tried one on recently and like the feel and look of it, however I was a bit disapointed by the rather basic module. I don't recall if it has World Time or not, but all I remember is stop watch, CDT, and alarm. Time does not show in all functions. A good starter G, but I feel that it's a bit overpriced at $140. I imagine the price will come down a bit as the "newness" of this model wears off. Can't wait to see some other color combinations on this one.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Thanks for your thoughts! I have also eyed up the GW7900B-1. Not sure I would really use the tide graph, but like the look never the less!!
    volodymyrqa likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mg8r1016 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts! I have also eyed up the GW7900B-1. Not sure I would really use the tide graph, but like the look never the less!!
    I have 3 x '7900s' (including the GW7900b), I never use the tide function, but I love the watches. I have back seats in my car, though I never use them, but they are nice to have
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    I'd say that description fits it perfectly. It's a good looking G that has a good size to it. It shares the same "XL" size as the GD(F)100, GA110, GA120, and the GD200. I tried one on recently and like the feel and look of it, however I was a bit disapointed by the rather basic module. I don't recall if it has World Time or not, but all I remember is stop watch, CDT, and alarm. Time does not show in all functions. A good starter G, but I feel that it's a bit overpriced at $140. I imagine the price will come down a bit as the "newness" of this model wears off. Can't wait to see some other color combinations on this one.
    x2

And there is something I don't like in these newer models(GA-100, GD-100, G/GR/GW-8900), which is the cheaper look and lack of refinement of the bands. The buckle doesn't impress me either... casio used to use thick machined buckles and now they are using pressed molded metal sheet ones:

It has a solar panel, but no wavereceptor module.
    | Citizen Eco-Drive CA0361-04A |
    | Seiko Sportura Ana-Digi SNJ019P |
    | Casio G-Shock G-5500TS-8ER |
    | Swatch Irony Chronograph Blue Aluminium YCN4000AG
    Golf |
    | Timex Ironman 30 lap Shock T5K434 |

Thread Information