Is GR8900A-7 too big for a 6.3" wrist?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is GR8900A-7 too big for a 6.3" wrist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is GR8900A-7 too big for a 6.3" wrist?

Hello everyone, I just discovered this forum while looking for pictures of the GR8900A-7 G-shock, which I'm thinking about buying now.
    The thing is...I think I have a very small wrist. It's 16cm, so converting it's 6.3". Do you think my wrist is too small to pull it off?
    Also, I live in Brazil, if some brazilians out there could point me to a great place to buy it cheaper I would appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Name:  g-shock-8900-x-large-solar-white-gr-8900a-7-watch_10091_500.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  25.5 KB

Re: Is GR8900A-7 too big for a 6.3" wrist?

8900 model is quite big, I think it's one of the XL case models. I was quite suprised how large it is in person, didn't expect that from photos.

It all depends on your liking. The strap might be too long, you will have some tail sticking out, but if you like bigger watches then go for it. You can always sell it with minimum loss if you don't like it, 8900 series are good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    8900 model is quite big, I think it's one of the XL case models. I was quite suprised how large it is in person, didn't expect that from photos.

It all depends on your liking. The strap might be too long, you will have some tail sticking out, but if you like bigger watches then go for it. You can always sell it with minimum loss if you don't like it, 8900 series are good value.
    I see. I'll try to find it at some local store around here and put it on my wrist to see if it's really too big.
    Also, I found it on ebay for aprox. $48 , do you think it might be a fake? The seller looks really trustful with 99,5% feedback:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Casio-G-...item5afc4c0c87

If you guys tell me that this is a good deal, I'll probably buy it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For this price you can't go wrong Get one and see how you like it, maybe it will seem big at first but you will get used to it

to be honest... i personally think its gonna be to big... but the choice is yours..

a friend of mine once said "there's no such thing like a too BIG G-shock.."

I think it will depend on how you look at it. If you believe that you will feel comfortable with it then there's no problem at all. I only have a 6" wrist but I am wearing a G9300-1 mudman which is 2mm smaller than GR8900.
    Name:  IMG_1025.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  68.1 KB
    Last edited by teamgshock; March 5th, 2014 at 08:53. Reason: remove extra image
    nigelw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teamgshock View Post
    I think it will depend on how you look at it. If you believe that you will feel comfortable with it then there's no problem at all. I only have a 6" wrist but I am wearing a G9300-1 mudman which is 2mm smaller than GR8900.
    Name:  IMG_1025.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  68.1 KB
    Wow! That sure looks big! Thanks for the comparison. I was thinking about using the watch to workout and go surfing, but if it's that big I think it will end up getting in the way :(
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to look for another one.

I think it pretty much depends on the individual. If you only feel comfortable with a watch that conforms to your wrist, the GLX-5600 and GWX-5600 are made for surfing and also small.

To me, the 8900s feel about the same as the old DW-6900 on my wrist, but do extend out top & bottom just a little more.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

I made a simulation on photoshop, and yeah it looks huge lol (this watch has a width of 55,1mm right?)

Name:  rel.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  277.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fwupow View Post
    I think it pretty much depends on the individual. If you only feel comfortable with a watch that conforms to your wrist, the GLX-5600 and GWX-5600 are made for surfing and also small.

To me, the 8900s feel about the same as the old DW-6900 on my wrist, but do extend out top & bottom just a little more.
    I'll look into those GLX-5600 and GWX-5600 too, thanks!
    Crater and nigelw like this.

Nice photoshop

I think it would be a bit bigger that that, the watch case is in good proportion, but the strap would stick out a bit more.

You can search on google images for 8900 model and you will get the idea how it looks on smaller wrists.
    Rodolfo Gusson likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information