Grail arrival...and immediate departure. Stussy DW5000-ST sadness.

Thread: Grail arrival...and immediate departure. Stussy DW5000-ST sadness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grail arrival...and immediate departure. Stussy DW5000-ST sadness.

I finally got my hands on a Stussy DW5000-ST, the screwback special edition released a few years back. I got it off "that auction site", and when it arrived today I was ecstatic... until I opened up the box

The watch was in pretty poor condition and REEKED of smoke. Holy moly it was like I was opening up a freaking humidor. The band and bezel were in terrible condition, scratched all over. The buckle was even full of gunk and wouldn't move freely. Of course the seller described it as "lightly worn" lol, artistic license I suppose. Sigh, so close, yet so far. I immediately packed it up, and initiated the return process. The search goes on! Damn do I want one of these!
    Last edited by strongergodzilla; May 22nd, 2011 at 11:50.

Re: Grail arrival...and immediate departure. Stussy DW5000-ST sadness.

A bad day indeed.

Can you return stuff on Ebay? I thought you could only open a dispute if the item wasn't as described. I'd be more wary of returning an item, as I've done in the past, as then the seller claims he never received the return.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Wink Re: Grail arrival...and immediate departure. Stussy DW5000-ST sadness.

Bummer, This was that Stussy with the blue trim, wasn't it?
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Sjors!

No, that one is a little too expensive for my blood. It was this one:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    A bad day indeed.

Can you return stuff on Ebay? I thought you could only open a dispute if the item wasn't as described. I'd be more wary of returning an item, as I've done in the past, as then the seller claims he never received the return.
    Hey Maine! Yes you can occasionally return things off of ebay, the seller has to establish if they offer a return or not, and luckily for me, my seller has a 3 day return policy. And ill be sure to send it with delivery confirmation and tracking just to be safe. The seller has over 800 feedback, ALL positive so im not worried.

I think I was watching the same auction. It ended about a week ago, right? That is unfortunate about the smoke smell but you have the most important part of the watch, which is the screw back case. If you got it at a decent price, you may want to think about just changing the straps and bezel and the smoke smell should stay with the old straps. It's a tough model to find and you never know if this is the last one you'll have an opportunity at.

Quote Originally Posted by DBlock72 View Post
    I think I was watching the same auction. It ended about a week ago, right? That is unfortunate about the smoke smell but you have the most important part of the watch, which is the screw back case. If you got it at a decent price, you may want to think about just changing the straps and bezel and the smoke smell should stay with the old straps. It's a tough model to find and you never know if this is the last one you'll have an opportunity at.
    Thats true, but given the condition of the watch, I feel like I definitely overpaid especially if I just keep the case and put it in new clothes. One of those things where now I dont think i'd ever be happy with the watch. But darnit, now you have me thinking. Its a shame too because the strap is pretty darn comfy! I think its the same material as the coveted gw5000?

sorry to hear bout the smell and bad purchase experiences. just double confirm you have the tracking details when u send it out.

had this model for awhile before selling it to a better owner who can give it more wrist time.
    nice box too.

The straps and bezel from the gw5000 may fit this model, someone else would have to confirm it though.

Aw man, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you find one soon!
    Rolex: Sea-Dweller, SubC, Datejust, BLNR
    Panerai PAM 90, 318
    Breitling: Navitimer, Chronomatic
    Cartier Roadster XL GMT
    Omega SMP Chrono, SMP 2531.8
    Eterna Soleure Moonphase
    Mido: Commander,Multistar
    Casio: GW-9200 Riseman
    , Hope Japan, PAW-1500T
    Seiko: Blue Sumo, SARB065, SARY055, SARY053, SSA169

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information