A grail has arrived - Protrek PRW-1100YTJ-1JF - Many Q&D Pics *56K beware*

Thread: A grail has arrived - Protrek PRW-1100YTJ-1JF - Many Q&D Pics *56K beware*

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A grail has arrived - Protrek PRW-1100YTJ-1JF - Many Q&D Pics *56K beware*

I've wanted one of these for so long, but the price has always put me off. Managed to snag one from the sales forum last week, from a very nice gentleman in Hong Kong called beitau. Arrived in very short order and has been on my wrist since.

Been really busy blacking the bottom of my narrow boat this last week, just managed to take a few photos today and thought i'd share, please excuse dust and marks, the watch hasn't been off for 5 days

Rusty

Thumbs Up Re: A grail has arrived - Protrek PRW-1100YTJ-1JF - Many Q&D Pics *56K beware*

Rust,
    Super ABC certainly one on my list, my PRG-80`s have proved to be the most accurate of the Protrek`s I have, no doubt the PRW-1100 will be the same these are the very best of the Protrek line IMHO.

"There is often a trade off between capability and usability, as far as I know on one has figured out how to achieve maximum capability and maximum usability in the same device. In prospect the capability seems more important than usability; in practice the reverse is true, and this is why the PRG-80 & PRW-1100 truly shine in the field environment"

PRG-80YT

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; September 7th, 2008 at 23:58.

Re: A grail has arrived - Protrek PRW-1100YTJ-1JF - Many Q&D Pics *56K beware*

Wow, 'tis fantastic. My PRG-80 and PRG-40 are two of my favourite watches. I wouldn't mind adding one of those.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

great watch rusty,

the PRG-80YT is undoubtly the most beautyful pro trek made to date, and with the added sapphire crystal and wave ceptor certainly not only the best pro trek but IMO one of the best watches at all, regardless of price and brand.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Wow, 'tis fantastic. My PRG-80 and PRG-40 are two of my favourite watches. I wouldn't mind adding one of those.
    Atomic, Sapphire Crystal, & DLC bracelet, very nice. Personally I would like to see these high end PRW`s come complete with bracelet & strap, like many divers. The 80 & 1100 series is the direction Casio need to be following if they want to be taken seriously for producing robust field products for professional use...

Q-6

Congratulations mate! Great looking ABC!

So what's next......?

These are very nice...

...shame Casio doesn't have a worldwide release of the Titans.

PJ

Not versed on the Protrek line; however, your pics make me want one!

I've been wanting a PRG-80 for a very long time and only the price has put me off.

I'm just thinking, are Protreks made similar to G-Shocks? I know they are not comparable to G-Shocks because Protreks are not "enclosed" by a shock-resistant resin made bezel. But on the inside, I'm guessing they are made/designed just as tough as G-Shocks. To confirm, has anyone fully opened a Protrek and examined its design from the inside?
    "Chance favors the prepared mind."

RUsty, where the wristshot. i bet it looks incredible on ur wrist. great buy, brah !!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information