Grass strimming in the UK, geeze it's hot!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Grass strimming in the UK, geeze it's hot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grass strimming in the UK, geeze it's hot!

The sun is out here in the UK which for many of our exotically located members would be no big deal, but trust me, it's a rare event here. Decided to strim the grass on my river bank and took my trusty GW7900b with me. It survived with no issues whatsoever, depite a small stone bouncing off the bezel.

I do have to report however, that some frogs were harmed in the making of this photo - but don't worry, they weren't made by Casio...

Name:  grass gw7900b.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  123.3 KB
    MDPlatts, LUW, BobmG8 and 4 others like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: Grass strimming in the UK, geeze it's hot!

little buggers should have been in the water then, not mucking around in the grass - still, thats the evening meal starter sorted (tastes like chicken wings).

ha,ha...just done mine too mate,with my gdf-100 on my wrist.yeah...its summer this week in the uk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ditto hedge cutting wearing my timex expedition, takes a lickin' keeps on tickin'.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dean0070_8, View Post
    ha,ha...just done mine too mate,with my gdf-100 on my wrist.yeah...its summer this week in the uk
    One week. That's it ... that's all the summer U will get this year .... :))
    Still ... way better than Norway ... where the last summer was in Wednesday. hehehehe

I done my grass trimming on tuesday and some bugs bit me to the point I had my right hand swollen pretty bad, it's still not normal sized. I had my GD-100, no problem, why there should be any? :)
    Have a great day!

It trully is interesting how excited UK members were over the sun today... all over the forums, not just this one :D

So it really is that rare there, huh? Here is Slovenia weather was crap all day, all week and it won't get any better for few days.

About 33 celcius (92 F) here in deep East Texas, with about 50% humidity. Been like this for a while now, and will get warmer and warmer for the next 3 months. We had 84 days straight last summer of no rain, high humidity, and 100+ degrees.

We are located in what the experts like to call "a humid sub-tropical" region. Yup!

So, pardon me that I don't "feel your pain".

Do you guys in Texas get hit with hosepipe bans when you get no rain .It basically rained all month here and we still have one ! Just wondering how other warmer countries seem to manage fine ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEgg View Post
    About 33 celcius (92 F) here in deep East Texas, with about 50% humidity.
    33 celcius?? We can match that easily - it was a Wednesday in July back in 1976, I remember it well!

Yes, sunny days here are quite rare, that's why we post so many queries on why our solar watches sit at 'M', because a week of our daylight = 10 minutes of proper sunshine!! (Casio should publish a conversion table for us)
    dobber72 and kurzjak like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information